ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by randall.leblanc"
randall.leblanc

Posted Oct 27, 2014 in: Unable to click URL on Android App
Score: 0
If you paste a url into the notes of a task it will create a link.
randall.leblanc

Posted Oct 27, 2014 in: attachment names
Are there special rules about file attachment names. I loaded a file named:

add $5 to the following people's I-card as per Val.eml

When I tried to open the file it went to a web page that basically indicated it did not know what to do with the file.

Next, I loaded the same file renamed as:

test.eml

This time it opened the file in Thunderbird.

It appears to be the length of the file name that makes a difference.

This message was edited Oct 27, 2014.
randall.leblanc

Posted Jan 06, 2014 in: Repeating Sub tasks
I can't get the subtasks to repeat properly. I keep getting dates for the repeated task that are not in relationship with the new due date. Also, I frequently get divorces between the main tasks and the subtasks. I have used Toodledo for many years and I know repeating subtasks have been a problem for a long time. Today I looked at the notes that claimed to have fixed the problem, but none of them appear to really fix the issues. Maybe I'm expecting too much from the developer. What would be helpful is a document best practices of working with repeating subtasks, assuming the system is as good as it's going to be.
randall.leblanc

Posted Sep 21, 2011 in: search hanging
Has anyone had issues with the system hanging when clicking the search link? It just grinds until I get a script not responding message. I had this issue last month, and I finally just kept clicking to continue the script until it resolved itself. This took over 30 minutes. I have it again, but waiting it out is not working this time.

I have submitted a support ticket.
randall.leblanc

Posted Aug 13, 2011 in: Change Completed Date?
This would be a great improvement. I use start date as a workaround, but then I loose some functionality with start date. Completion date is pretty much useless to me without the ability to change it to the actual date completed. There are just too many times when can't get around to checking off everything I did in a day before the clock strikes 12.
randall.leblanc

I would like to see "Location" added as an item to the Show dropdown. Example: I want to see CONTEXT=work OR LOCATION=office. I can do this in a search, but having it as a Show selection would be a big help.
randall.leblanc

Posted Aug 04, 2011 in: Change Completion Date
Score: 1
Manually override a completion date would be great. As a work around I have just been very carefull about using Start Date. For me I have made Start Date to mean the "the work of that day." So I can search on tasks completed on a Start Date, or all completed tasks sorted by Start Date. I do loose the ability to know when I actually started the task, but I found this is not real important for me. I usually leave dated notes in the task if I work on it but not complete it in a day. This way I can document my progress.
randall.leblanc

Posted Aug 01, 2011 in: Script keeps running on search
When I was having the problem it froze everything in IE, including the sidebar. Maybe this was just an anomaly. You can close the issue if you want.
randall.leblanc

Actually the connection is pretty fast, and I don't think it was thousands, but it was a lot. The problem is that once you realize that the search is bringing back too much, there doesn’t appear to be a way of clearing it from the system's assumption that you want that big search to appear when clicking the search link. I just had to wait it out.

What if you had another link in the “View BY:” menu that would force a new search? Someone could use this to reestablish a reasonable search as the “last search,” or just a quick way to do a new search.
randall.leblanc

Praise God, I have the solution.

I think this goes back to a search I did that brought back a lot of records. Ever since then the system thinks this is the default search, and when I click on the search link it goes back into brining back all the records. This time I just kept waiting it out and clicking yes to continue the search. The results finally came back. I did a new seach to something that I knew would bring back a normal number of records. Now all is fine.

BTW - I had already tried all your suggestions, but I was getting the same problem. Maybe there's something you can do to better handle large searches.

I really like Toodledo. I've been using it for several years. I needed something that was low cost, web based, yet with enough features to make it useful. Toodledo was (and I think still is) the ideal fit for me.

Thanks for your reponse.
randall.leblanc

Posted Jul 29, 2011 in: Script keeps running on search
When I click on Search (on the left side menu bar) the system just keeps grinding away. Eventually I get the message that the script is taking too long. I get the same result on both my Windows 7 machine and my XP machine. I'm running IE 8. This just started happening today (7/29/2011). Yesterday was fine.
randall.leblanc

Posted May 18, 2011 in: Start Date Views
I would love to see a set of Start Date views similar to what is provided for Due Date. -- Oops, I just noticed that I already posted this back in January.

This message was edited May 18, 2011.
randall.leblanc

Posted Jan 05, 2011 in: Start Date Views
I would like to see a set of predesigned views for start date. This would be similar to the views for due date.
randall.leblanc

Posted Oct 16, 2008 in: view all subtasks
I am running into situations where my trick does not work. I sure hope this gets fixed soon.
randall.leblanc

Posted Sep 26, 2008 in: view all subtasks
I think I found a work-around. Filtering issues aside, the problem appears to happen when all subtasks have been completed. If you add a subtask to the parent you will then be able to see all the old completed subtasks.
randall.leblanc

Posted Sep 22, 2008 in: hidden old subtasks
Is there a fool proof way of seeing all the subtasks of a main task? Frequently it says that X number of old completed tasks are hidden.
randall.leblanc

Posted Sep 22, 2008 in: view all subtasks
Is there a fool proof way of seeing all the subtasks of a main task? Frequently it says that X number of old completed tasks are hidden. Sometimes I get an option to remove the filter to see all subtasks, and some times I don't.
randall.leblanc

Posted May 27, 2008 in: repeat any does not work on search
When searching on the repeat field there is are options for "any" and "none." I would think that "any" would give you any frequency of repeat, and "none" would give you tasks that don't repeat. It appears that "any" gives you anything (repeating or non repeating).