Search results for "Posted by diamantr"
diamantr

Posted Oct 04, 2013 in: Adding more HTML tags
Score: 0
  • diamantr
  • Posted: Oct 04, 2013
  • Score: 0
Posted by Jake:
If you check out the "Text (long)" column in the Lists section you will see where we are headed with note editing.

Sorry to be dense, but I don't know where to look for this. Are you talking about in the Forum? If so, I couldn't find anything about it. I clicked on the Lists tab at the top of the page and couldn't find anything there either.

I did try adding a new list, and noticed when I clicked in a field, a text editing box popped up with formatting tools. Is that what you're talking about?

Is this something that will only be available in the Lists section or will it be available in the Notes section too? If so, how will it affect syncing with the Notebook iOS App?

All I really want to do is to be able to sync notes between Toodledo and Notebook. When I do that now, only the html tags that you support sync successfully, the others don't work. That's why I was hoping that you could add < u > as a supported tag, I can live without the others. Thanks.
diamantr

Posted Oct 04, 2013 in: Adding more HTML tags
Score: 1
  • diamantr
  • Posted: Oct 04, 2013
  • Score: 1
According to your FAQ, "Supported HTML tags include < b >, < i >, < a >, < ul >, < ol >, and < li >." Are there any plans to add any additional tags? I can understand not wanting to make things too complicated by making all tags available, but I would like to suggest a few basic ones that should be very helpful to a lot of people.

<u> This is as basic as it gets. If you have tags for bold and italic, you should have underline too. If you can only add one tag, this would be it.

<hr> Horizontal Rule. It's a lot easier than entering a lot of dashes.

<strike> strikethrough text. Not critical but does come in handy.

Thanks.

P.S. It would help to have a Preview option before posting. On my first try, it used the first tag that works and bolded the rest of my post. Putting a space between the letter and the < > did the trick, but it would have been nice to see what it would look like before posting it and having it be messy. Thanks.

This message was edited Oct 04, 2013.
diamantr

Posted Aug 09, 2011 in: Sorting pages within Notebook folders
  • diamantr
  • Posted: Aug 09, 2011
Of course, I just figured out how to do it. :)

At the top of the far left column, it says Main and Folder. When I clicked on Folder, it listed all of my folders in the far left column. All I had to do was click on the folder I wanted to look in, then change the Sort to Date Modified, and it displayed the pages within that folder by date modified.

I might have noticed it earlier except that there was only an icon next to Main. When I clicked on Folder, there was an icon next to it but the icon for Main disappeared. So it might be easier to notice that there are two options if the icons next to both options are always displayed.
diamantr

Posted Aug 09, 2011 in: Scroll bars in Notebook folder menu
  • diamantr
The folders are listed in a menu on the left side of the screen. It would be nice if there was a scroll bar in that menu if expanding a collapsed folder makes the menu longer than the page. The way it is set up now, you have to go all the way to the right side of the screen to scroll up and down.

Also, when editing a page it shoots you back up to the top of the screen. If there was a scroll bar in the menu, you could remain in the same place in the menu when editing a page that's further down in the menu.

A minor detail but it would be nice. Thanks.
diamantr

Posted Aug 09, 2011 in: Sorting pages within Notebook folders
  • diamantr
Before the browser version of Toodledo was overhauled, I was able to sort the pages within each folder by date modified. Now, I only have the option to sort the folders by date modified or ALL pages by date modified, no matter which folder they are in. The point of having folders is to organize the different pages. So if I haven't traveled for awhile and want to find the most recently updated Travel pages, I can't do it very easily within the browser anymore.

Please bring back sorting pages by date modified within the folders. Thanks.