Search results for "Posted by BobOkie"
BobOkie

Score: 0
  • BobOkie
  • Posted: Aug 26, 2016
  • Score: 0
WOW!! - Thank you. Great information.
BobOkie

Posted Aug 18, 2015 in: Todoist vs Toodledo -- Why I'm back.
Score: 6
  • BobOkie
  • Posted: Aug 18, 2015
  • Score: 6
I wanted to share my experience of using Todoist and why I've come back to Toodledo.

The last year I've being using Todoist after several years of Toodledo. I keep my subscription to Toodledo because I wasn't sure about the change. I got almost to a 10,000 score with Karma which is what originally hooked me in Todoist. I liked having that as a driving force to increase it each day or week. It is a feature that I would love to see incorporated into Toodledo with the information and graphs it won't be hard -- I've thought of doing my own with exporting into excel but decided it wasn't worth my effort. Naturally you couldn't call it karma but it would be a great feature to have. :-)

Todoist looks great and has some good graphics but I'm more interested in a tool. Todoist was very limited and didn't have the flexibility that I've come to enjoy with Toodledo. I use the various fields that Toodledo has to help organize things. Most of the time I don't use them all but when I do, I want them, and they help me. Todoist has 1/2(?) the amount. I also like Toodledo feature of importance, it makes it really easy to pick a few items and add a star to get done today.

Todoist is very date driven, which is very anti-GTD. I tried playing around with flags and sorts but Toodledo was just much more powerful to help in that area. It helps me find the important things to do.

I also put everything into my "list". Many are ideas and someday/maybe items that very quickly clog up the reviews and daily action. YOU CANNOT EXPORT OUT OF TODOIST! That ultimately was the deal breaker. I will routinely export my list into a separate list to be reviewed quarterly/annually and only have the truly active items in Toodledo. It is easy and I have them in excel/google sheets to sort delete etc. I could email/print a list in Todoist but it is totally unusable except to scan down. I can export in Toodledo in under 15 minutes, have a clean action list, and keep my ideas, dreams, someday, maybe out of my daily/weekly reviews but still have something useful for those deeper reviews later. It also very easy to transfer them back into Toodledo at the right time with the multiple add function -- lacking in Todoist.

Summary:
* Todoist -- great graphics and loved Karma score
* Toodledo -- much more powerful, flexible, and helps me be more effective and efficient.