ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by tomcal"
tomcal

Score: 0
  • tomcal
  • Posted: Jan 25, 2017
  • Score: 0
I use Toggl to track my tasks and it works great with the "Old" task layout. The new one doesn't show the Toggl button. Is there anything I can do to get that working again?
tomcal

Posted Sep 27, 2016 in: Receive email of completed tasks today
Score: 1
  • tomcal
  • Posted: Sep 27, 2016
  • Score: 1
I use an IF (IFTTT) recipe for this and it works great. I have it sent to Evernote but you can certainly set up the same thing for email. The nice thing about sending it to Evernote is that I'll always have a record of all of my past Toodledo completions, along with their notes and tags. The tags also sync with Evernote tags. It is so easy to search in Evernote for the item or the tag.
tomcal

Posted Aug 01, 2016 in: Sync reminders workflow
  • tomcal
  • Posted: Aug 01, 2016
It appears to work much better when it is running in the background so I rarely close the app
tomcal

Posted Jul 29, 2016 in: Sync reminders workflow
  • tomcal
  • Posted: Jul 29, 2016
You can also accomplish the above by using IF (www.ifttt.com). I have it set up to automatically add anything from any reminders list to the appropriate folder in Toodledo. I can also automatically tag them, as well.

I have a separate IFTTT recipe for each reminder list. For most, I have it set up to go to that folder in Toodledo. Others are just tagged and sent to my catchall folder in Toodledo. A couple are just sent to Evernote.

This message was edited Jul 29, 2016.
tomcal

Posted Dec 17, 2015 in: Introducing Smart Quick Add
  • tomcal
  • Posted: Dec 17, 2015
This is great but I have a question. If I type "n" to add a new task, it doesn't go to the quick add box as I would like - it goes to the add task box which does not have the "smart" features. Since a major benefit of the smart feature is to be able to keep your hands on the keyboard, is there a way to get to the quick add box without having to reach for the mouse?
tomcal

Posted Dec 11, 2015 in: Quick Survey about Toodledo
  • tomcal
  • Posted: Dec 11, 2015
Same here. I was going to upgrade anyway before I took the survey. Found the nice 10% bonus at the end but I couldn't find a place to enter it. I ended up paying full price, thinking the "next screen" would be the one! Worth it anyway!
tomcal

Posted Dec 02, 2015 in: GTD Apps of the Future
  • tomcal
  • Posted: Dec 02, 2015
And now I'm going to have to spend the next few minutes poking around IQTell so I can remind myself why I left it to return to Toodledo. I really miss that email integration...
tomcal

Posted Dec 02, 2015 in: GTD Apps of the Future
  • tomcal
  • Posted: Dec 02, 2015
johnprince2112,

Great points. One of the main things that I miss about IQTell is the email integration. It was nice working in one app most of the time. While I have set up macros to push emails from Outlook to Toodledo, it loses the ability to reply, etc. They just become dead tasks that require me to go back into Outlook for the context and to do anything with it.

If Toodledo can pull this off, it would be terrific.
tomcal

Posted Jun 23, 2015 in: Can Toodledo Integrate with my life?
  • tomcal
  • Posted: Jun 23, 2015
Sunrise Calendar does some of what you're looking for.

It integrates smoothly with Google Calendar. There is a two way sync with Evernote for reminders in notes. Works nicely. It only works in one direction with Toodledo but that still may be helpful.

Just like you, I'd love to find something that works as tightly with Toodledo as some apps work with Todoist or Wunderlist. I don't want to leave Toodledo so I'll keep looking. It would be nice to have EVERYTHING that I need to do today visible in one place. Pocket Informant does that on mobile, but it is too cluttered and there is no web interface.
tomcal

• tomcal
  • Posted: Jun 08, 2015
Same problem with Samsung S6 Edge. Is "Note to self" the only way to add to TD via Google Now?