Pablo_1301263924

Score: 0
Create a folder called "Inbox" and then:
Go to settings-->
New Task Defaults-->
edit-->
And choose the folder you called Inbox.
Save.

The problem is solved. No more tasks without folder.
Pablo_1301263924

If you use Android. You can use Vocanote to dictate an email that will go into your toodledo account.
Pablo_1301263924

Posted Nov 30, 2011 in: Sharing Feature
Hi,
Maybe it´s time to think out of the box?

-Create a new account in Toodledo.com (Will be a joint/shared account for you and your husband)

-Add this joint account to your phone and to your husband phone.
(I use a 3rd part App that allow multiple Toodledo accounts. Ultimate To-do List for Android)

That’s it!
Now can you and your husband collaborate, create, edit, complete, sync, etc tasks in your share account.

Be creative, for example use tags “waiting for husband”, Waiting for wife”, “delegate to husband”,etc...

It works for me and my wife.

Posted by compcroft:
Posted by Toodledo:

Also, we are not trying to be misleading. I dont believe that we imply anywhere that sharing works on the iPhone. On the App Store, the only mention of sharing is "... use the additional functionality available only on our website: file attachments, sharing/collaboration..." I think this is pretty clear that it is a website only feature. If there is somewhere else where you think we are being misleading, please let me know so that I can fix it.

I read something similar on your website where you describe the iPhone app, but it says this: "Securely sync your todo list with Toodledo.com for backup purposes, and to use the additional functionality available on our website: file attachments, subtasks, sharing/collaboration, forums, etc."
Which to me looks like.... "if you sync the app with the website, you can use the additional functionality of sharing, subtasks... etc..." Also, because I have read elsewhere that subtasks are supported when you sync so long as you upgrade to a pro account - I would assume that sharing tasks would also work if you sync them with the website. So perhaps re-wording that is a good idea. Also, when you click on the link for sharing, it tells you all about how sharing works, and doesn't mention anywhere that it is for the website only and doesn't sync with the apps. It may be an important disclaimer to add there.

My husband and I have been searching for an app that we can use to manage our shared daily routines... doing the laundry, making dinner... things like that. And because we can't find one that lets us share tasks, I end up doing everything because they are all on my list. Logging in to the computer to track simple daily tasks is a bit more effort than we are willing to put forth. We usually roll out of bed with our phones in our hands, so using an app is perfect. We also usually have routines that are a mix of shared tasks and personal ones, so being able to share individual tasks is really important.

Right now I have been looking at Lifenotes To-Do, and honestly I don't really like anything about the app.... but it will let me share individual tasks with anyone I want to, and will actually sync them to the app. So, we may give that a try...
Pablo_1301263924

Posted Nov 29, 2011 in: Context help?
Score: 1
Hi, a.cartee:

Salgud explained it very good.

Example:
Task-->Buy a X product to my project C

Folder: Project C
Context: @In the city
Tag: +errands
Location: The address of the store. -for GPS reminder-.(My city has many stores :))

This is the set up I use:
Folders(=Projects)
Inbox
Daily-personal
Daily-work
ProjectA
ProjectB
ProjectETC…
Someday

Contexts
@Home (Things I can do FROM home)
@House (Things I can do in my house, for ex. change the floor)
@OfficeA (I have two places of work)
@OfficeB
@In the city (Things I need to do when I am in the city)

Tags
+call
+errands
+web
+waiting for

Status
Standard from Toodledo.

(Folder is equal Project)

When you complete all the tasks of your folder(read project) then is your project finished and you can delete the folder.

In my GTD setup the first three folders and the last folder are not projects and not need to be deleted.

I use "Toodledo" and "Ultimate To-Do List" syncing in my SGS2 android.

Posted by a.cartee:
I've been using TD at least a couple of years, and still do not understand the use of "Context". So I feel like I might be missing out on a great feature? (Heaven forbid.) After poking around here in these forums, I saw it mentioned in ref to GTD, so I looked that up; not much help. I've got way too long a reading list to want to add David Allen's book, thx anyway.

My situation, in which I use TD and might want to use Contexts, is: not employed, but way busier now than I ever was when employed. And I actually don't even go out that much - mostly juggling a BUNCH of personal & household projects.

TD has "Location", but the examples in TD Help seem to imply using Context like Location. But that can't be right - right? Otherwise, I can't make much sense of what's REALLY implied. Help?

This message was edited Nov 29, 2011.
Pablo_1301263924

Posted Nov 29, 2011 in: Folders
Hi Simonjk:
I recommend that you create a folder called “Inbox” to collect the tasks “on the road” and to Receive the tasks you e-mail to your selv.

I review this “Inbox” and assign the right folder and settings to the task when I am calmer inn the afternoon.

My setting is:

Folders(=Projects)
Inbox
Daily-personal
Daily-work
ProjectA
ProjectB
ProjectETC…
Someday

Contexts
@Home (Things I can do FROM home)
@House (Things I can do in my house, for ex. change the floor)
@OfficeA (I have two places of work)
@OfficeB
@In the city (Things I need to do when I am in the city)

Tags
+call
+errands
+web
+waiting for

(Folder is equal Project)

When you complete all the tasks of your folder(read project) then is your project finished and you can delete the folder.

In my GTD setup the first three folders and the last folder are not projects and not need to be deleted.

I use "Toodledo" and "Ultimate To-Do List" syncing in my SGS2 android.

Posted by simonjk:
Hi All,

i'm just putting together my GTD setup and was wondering what folders to use ?

I have currently setup :

Tasks - For One off tasks,
Projects - For stuff with more than one tasks
Waiting For - For tasks I have either delegated or I am waiting on some other outcome (Still Wondering how to document the outcome I'm waiting for)
Someday / Maybe - Speaks for itself.

Do I need any others ? In particular should I have a Projects (Work) and Projects (Home).

Cheers all

Simon

This message was edited Nov 29, 2011.
Pablo_1301263924

Score: -1
Thanks ccoleman.

I read the David Allen book, and I think this setup is very similar that I read in the book.

You are right, I signed up a pro account. The sub-tasks are necessary because I break the project down into tasks and sub-tasks instead of tackling it all.

When I fulfill the project(the folder), then can I archive it instead of delete. I like the archive possibility in toodledo.

I´ll be back with eventually changes and improvements in my setup after some weeks.
Pablo_1301263924

Yes, absolutely. scheduler, statistics and sub-tasks are worth it!

New with Toodledo and I use it with Ultimatum to-do list on my android phone.

This message was edited Mar 29, 2011.
Pablo_1301263924

Hi,

I want to share my GTD setup. I´m new in the GTD methodology,
and this is the setup that let me search with good control and to have a good weekly review. I need some feedback to improve my setup.

My takts are organized in folders, where the folder is the "target". The target will be reached once the tasks are completed. In other words, the folders are my projects, and my projects will be fulfilled once the tasks are completed.

Here can you see an image of my setup:

http://screencast.com/t/PvgAxx69wdoQ

These are the folders I have:

-Innbox: (new task default) Most of my new tasks go first to the innbox folder.
-Dailig-Personal
-Dailig-work
-Project1
-Project2
-Project3
-Project_etc.
-Someday

I will apreciated any improvement, thanks!

This message was edited Mar 28, 2011.