ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by jonathanl_1311071627"
jonathanl_1311071627

Score: 0
I use the iPhone alot to keep up with my tasks. There's no option I can see to setup a custom hotlist onto the drontscreen:

"I also have my own hotlist in a saved search which includes among other things all recurring tasks that have already started. This way, they appear on my hotlist even without a due date."

That means all those tasks with only a start date don't show up.

Bother.
jonathanl_1311071627

I'm not sure it's working well on my iPhone, I don't know how to get the "no due date" tasks to appear as items.

It's quite complicated to work out how to add all my tasks, but not be overloaded with the routine ones.
jonathanl_1311071627

I didn't know that repeating tasks didn't have to have a due date. I think (hope) that's going to be very handy.

Thanks for the insights.
jonathanl_1311071627

One other thought, perhaps you could add a few different case reports onto the web site on show how toodledo is used by different types of people. Single young person, Family person, Business person? Or a video tutorial?
jonathanl_1311071627

I just had a thought, if they're recurring tasks, they would need a due date.

Well the question is how do I separate these maintenance tasks from my important due date tasks.
jonathanl_1311071627

I've been using toodledo for about a year and thought I came up with a good solution.

Apart from my specific tasks, I add all my house/garden/car repeating tasks to the list with a due date, so I've got recurring tasks for vacuuming, good cleaning of the bathroom, mopping.

I've added a due date because I procrastinate and if I don't give my self a date I might not do what I should.

But that's biting me on the bum.

At the moment I've got a few other things to sort urgently and all these tasks are bunching up.

What do others on the list do?

Would you recommend a due date for a non priority tasks like these?

I've got several hundred tasks on my list and would remove the dates if it really helps.

I feel a bit stuck. Is there a good usage guide?
jonathanl_1311071627

Score: 1
Cheers Cabbage, I'll give it a go.
jonathanl_1311071627

Posted Apr 16, 2012 in: Template Functionally
Hi Admin, I tried that and lost the task so I turned off filters to get it back and reset the priority. But how do I turn the filters back on again for the view by: Folder?
jonathanl_1311071627

I think perhaps in my case Toodledo has some how lead me to realise that having more is not necessary the best thing for me, seems to mean I need to do more to maintain all that stuff. I think I'm going to have a clear out, and that's another thing to add to my list.
jonathanl_1311071627

The only issue I think I've got is: is there a way of making this template invisible in my main toodledo list? Or would you recommend just marking it with "- Template"?
jonathanl_1311071627

Cabbage you are a Genius
jonathanl_1311071627

Is anybody interested in having template type functionally added to the system. The ability to create a template for a "holiday" for example where I can list all the steps. Then have the option of realising this template with a when do you want to start this?

It would be really useful for me 2% of the time, as for example when I go on holiday I'd like a step to check I turned of my "wifi", check cooker is off. I didn't do some of the steps on my last holiday, but I did make sure the cooker was off.

It would personally save a lot of hassle.
jonathanl_1311071627

I've been using Toodledo for over a year on the web and my iphone (wow, the iphone is good as I can constantly see what I need to sort out). And it's been really good at reducing the anxiety of missing birthdays, keeping up with house work, making sure I book things like holidays in good time.

All in all, brilliant!

I also use YNAB which is great for finance, can't rate it highly enough.

My only problem is that having two children and limited time, I can only just about keep on top of all the things I've got to do, which is better than life before toodledo as lots dropped off the end without getting done, and that wasn't so great.

Has any body got suggestions on how to simplify my life? I know it's general but how can I gain an hour or two a day, how did you gain an hour or so a day?
jonathanl_1311071627

Posted Apr 16, 2012 in: Push back all tasks by two days
Is it possible I can push back all tasks by a couple of days.

I've got a really urgent task to do but all the recurring date based tasks are clogging up my list.

It would make things a lot easier if I could push all these back by two days in order to finish my urgent task.

I don't want to have to go through the whole list today and possibility again if I haven't finished my urgent task.
jonathanl_1311071627

I constantly use the Sync option on the iPhone, I know it's only a few taps away, but please could you move it to the front-screen so it's always available.
jonathanl_1311071627

Posted May 25, 2011 in: How do I reset my sorting
I had to set the first to "Due Date" as it didn't have auto, the rest had Auto.

Can you tell me why the first sort doesn't have auto.

But sorted, thanks.
jonathanl_1311071627

Posted May 24, 2011 in: How do I reset my sorting
Hi, I've messed up the sorting order of my tasks and want to go back to the defaults, but I don't know how. Can you help?
jonathanl_1311071627

Posted Apr 12, 2011 in: iPhone - How to I filter future tasks
I have all my Birthdays on the site and iPhone.

I can filter the future Birthdays out using the website, but is this option on the iPhone as I can't find it?

If not is it possible it's implemented on the iPhone app, would be really useful for me.