ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by eric.shotwell_1418060616"
eric.shotwell_1418060616

Posted Jun 17, 2008 in: Firefox Add-on Updated
Score: 0
Just released today. I'm running it now.
eric.shotwell_1418060616

Posted Jun 16, 2008 in: Firefox Add-on Updated
It would be great if the auto-update extensions feature with FF3 worked properly... it said the Toodledo add-on wasn't available for FF3, and I was getting very concerned. Glad to hear it has been updated -- maybe you can get Mozilla to indicate this when searching for extension updates and compatibility!
eric.shotwell_1418060616

Posted May 03, 2008 in: Outlook Integration Client in Beta
Posted by keef:
Are you trying to use the tool from home or from work? You only usually need to use a proxy server if you are on a corporate network. It is very rare for a home network to have one.Unless you know for sure that you need to set a proxy server I'd uncheck the 'Use a Proxy Server' check box and test your account settings again.

Alternatively, you can use Internet Explorer to confirm what your proxy settings should be. Start IE and select Tools ->Internet Options->Connections->Lan Settings and see if any proxy settings are set there.

Hi Keith,

I investigated my problem by looking up the proxy info as you told me, and found no problems there, so I began looking at the problem from a different angle. I found that when I had copied my unique ID or pasted it in, I had inadvertently entered a space either before or after the ID, which was causing the authentication failure. Once I did that, I had a successful authentication and it is now synching. So the error was actually mine, and nothing to do with your extension.

I will let you know if I have any feedback, and want to thank you for the support and for making this available extension freely available.

By the way, it would be great if someone could create a BlackBerry app that would do the same thing but synch specifically to a BlackBerry (which then, of course, would synch through the BES to Outlook over Exchange, for those who use Exchange and a BES). RememberTheMilk has an app called MilkSync that is useful for this.

(The good news, of course, is that one could probably use RememberTheMilk *and* Outlook *and* Toodledo now, since it's a full circle... Toodledo-->Outlook-->Blackberry-->MilkSync-->Outlook-->Toodledo) .

It's not a perfect solution, but at least it makes it easy to transfer tasks I've completed to and from Toodledo (even if it means using a 4th party app to get the job done currently).

Eric

This message was edited May 03, 2008.
eric.shotwell_1418060616

Posted May 03, 2008 in: Outlook Integration Client in Beta
Hi Keith,

I investigated my problem by looking up the proxy info as you told me, and found no problems there, so I began looking at the problem from a different angle. I found that when I had copied my unique ID or pasted it in, I had inadvertently entered a space either before or after the ID, which was causing the authentication failure. Once I did that, I had a successful authentication and it is now synching. I will let you know if I have any feedback, and want to thank you for the support and for making this available extension freely available.

By the way, it would be great if someone could create a BlackBerry app that would do the same thing but synch specifically to a BlackBerry (which then, of course, would synch through the BES to Outlook over Exchange, for those who use Exchange and a BES). RememberTheMilk has an app called MilkSync that is useful for this.

(The good news, of course, is that one could probably use RememberTheMilk *and* Outlook *and* Toodledo now, since it's a full circle... Toodledo-->Outlook-->Blackberry-->RememberTheMilk-->Blackberry-->Outlook-->Toodledo)

This message was edited May 03, 2008.
eric.shotwell_1418060616

Posted Apr 30, 2008 in: Outlook Integration Client in Beta
I can't seem to get my system set up right. I used the unique code, and my password, but trying the default proxy setting, no proxy, and manual proxy (but default info) doesn't work. And I really have no idea how to use proxies or anything like that, so I need a step-by-step guide. I cannot find any way to make this work, and have no idea what URL I would use for a proxy, or any stuff like that. Too technical. With Blackberry synch, I don't need to do any of that... just select Outlook as my synch program. Can't this be any easier? Can you offer any advice for me to make it work... from a non-Microsoft-certified everyday guy's perspective?

Eric
eric.shotwell_1418060616

Posted Apr 07, 2008 in: Blackberry Auto Text ?
Yes, in fact I do use autotext to do it. Just started doing this last week on my own, and then discovered this thread tonight. I created an entry called Newtodo that says:

Change !!! @@Calls #today *work

Then I just change the word "change" to the actual text of the task, and it files it in my Work folder, with today's due date, and in the @Calls context.