ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by tina.flauger"
tina.flauger

Posted Nov 29, 2011 in: Context help?
Score: 1
I have been using contexts in the GTD sense for about two years. I had "phone" for tasks that needed no further resources and therefor was something like anywhere. I had "home office" (for office homework), "Hannover", "At home" (for private homework), "Garden", "Car".

David Allen's idea was that when you are in a certain context you look up what you have to do in this context.

I lately decided to quit using contexts. I know very well from the task description itself whre I can do it and were I can't. So I didn't really see an advantage but tredious filling in of fields. I'm not missing anything after discarding contexts. But you can always "abuse" them if you need an additional field :-)
tina.flauger

Score: 2
@Salgud:
"As it is, when you create sub-tasks, they are automatically assigned a Due Date copied from the Parent, if the Parent has a Due Date. What more could software do?"

It could let me define a relative date like "due date of parent minus x days".

Would be a good idea. If you change the due date of the parent (which for me naturally is the end date of the total bunch of child tasks) the due dates of the subtasks would automatically change too.

This would solve a problem I have: I can only make subtaks with a certain due date show up on the due date if I give the parent task the same due date and I have to do it manually.
tina.flauger

Posted Apr 25, 2011 in: Save combination of Search and Sort
Score: 0
Yeah, that really would help me too.
tina.flauger

Posted Apr 25, 2011 in: Put tasks with no status on top?
Thanks for your answer. I can find the no status tasks, made myself a search view, but I would prefer to have them in the "all" list af the status view, on top. Maybe one day :)
tina.flauger

Posted Apr 25, 2011 in: Pocket informant for Android
I've been using it for two or three years on WM 6.5 and now use it on Androids. The androud version is not yet as customizable as the WM version but really good work anyway. It syncs fine, matches the toodledo folders and status correctly and the categories on PI to the tags in toodledo (minor problem: what has no status goes to inbox in toodledo in accordance with GTD, but on toodledo gets status=none, bad fpor the sorting sequence in the views). I try to stick strictly to GTD and the combination of PI and toodledo does just fine for me.
tina.flauger

Posted Apr 24, 2011 in: Put tasks with no status on top?
I am using toodledo in a GTD style. So I like the choice of status that corresponds to GTD. What I miss is a status named inbox. I would not care using "none" in the status field which is basically what I would consider inbox (asks not yet considered what to do with - delegate, next action or whatever). But I thoroughly miss the possibility to have those tasks on top of lists sorted by status, before next action. Is there a chance you will provide users with the possibility to decide whether they want to have tasks with status "none" on top or on bottom?
tina.flauger

Posted Apr 23, 2011 in: File upload problem with Asian filename
Hi there,
just want to add that this prob is not restricted to korean characters. I uploaded files that had ä, ö, ü (german) or special characters like an underscore or a blank. They upload but get a new name "unknown file nnnnn". With those names they are barely manageable for me. No problem as long as I just want to use them when doing mey tasks as they are attached correctly. But I will never be able to delete files no longer needed at least as long as I cannot even identify the task they are atached to in the file management area ...