ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by AzDayton"
AzDayton

Score: 0
  • AzDayton
  • Posted: Aug 02, 2011
  • Score: 0
I'm not doing what you are, but it sounds like it might be helpful to have your ticket generator email new tickets to Toodledo. Not a complete solution, but it may save you some data entry grief.
- Dayton - Tue. 08/02/2011 @ 08:30:13
AzDayton

Posted Aug 02, 2011 in: Best third-party app?
  • AzDayton
  • Posted: Aug 02, 2011
I've only tried five or six, and paid for most of them to get the fullest possible experience.

To date, the best I've found is DGT GDT. The fact that you have to load another part to sync is a bit of a pain, but I expect that'll go away when it goes into Beta. Right now it's still in ALPHA, but even so, it's the best I've found.

- Dayton - Tue. 08/02/2011 @ 08:24:38
AzDayton

Posted Jul 25, 2011 in: Android Easy Task/Note Entry
Score: 11
  • AzDayton
  • Posted: Jul 25, 2011
  • Score: 11
Flame Prevention Clause: There are probably iPhone and other mail client alternatives to this method. I don't know them cos I'm an Android guy, but chances are good that if you can do it on Android, you can probably do it on iPhone, so let's not get caught up in a "My phone is better than your phone" war. This is only about a METHOD. :-)

If you have an Android, you have (or can get free) an app called Voice Search.

This is actually quite a bit more than a search feature. It recognizes a number of commands.

One of these commands is "Note To Self". This will take whatever you say after saying "Note To Self" and create an email from it, already addressed to your GMail account and with a recording of your voice attached, which is handy in case you're in a hurry and speak too fast for good transcription.

Here's where the magic happens...

In GMail, you can set up "Filters" which will recognize messages with a subject of "Note To Self". You can have these messages forwarded. I have mine forwarded to both ToodleDo and EverNote, because some are tasks, and some are other notes.

Either way, once they're in my system, it's a piece of cake to clean them up, making good Tasks or Notes out of them, as the case may warrant.

In actual practice, it looks like this. I pull out my phone, hold down the Search key for two seconds, say "Note To Self, When you're in Chicago, pick up a new Tommygun". A few minutes later, that appears in my ToodleDo tasks and in my EverNote Notes. What could be simpler? Then it's just a matter of cleaning my InBox! Granted, I have to change the Task Name / Subject, but that's cake.

Hope this helps some of you out there!

Setting up the Filters in GMail is pretty simple too (and free). If you can use ToodleDo, you can surely make the filter(s) you need.

I should also point out that I don't think the Voice files will be retained by ToodleDo and EverNote if you have free accounts. Seems I read something about file attachments being a pay feature. But they'll still be in GMail if you need them.

- Dayton - Mon. 07/25/2011 @ 15:38:17

This message was edited Jul 25, 2011.
AzDayton

Posted Jul 25, 2011 in: Still no native android app?
  • AzDayton
  • Posted: Jul 25, 2011
I have also been searching. The best I've found so far is "DGT GTD & ToDo [Alpha]". It's still in development, so you may find issues, but it's still far far above anything else I've found, including the Ultimate ToDo, which was my former winner.

I have found no "share support", but since it's in Alpha, now would be the perfect time to request that functionality be added, and contribute to the development of a superior product. Give it a look. The price is right! (Free) :-)

- Dayton - Mon. 07/25/2011 @ 15:12:30

This message was edited Jul 25, 2011.