ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by jeffsa1"
jeffsa1

Score: 0
  • jeffsa1
  • Posted: Mar 10, 2021
  • Score: 0
After 10 loyal years I recently gave up on Toodledo. Mainly I wanted to select a new app and make the change before TD became a crisis. The app I chose was RTM. I liked other apps a little better but I have 1200 tasks and RTM was the best combination of functionality and coversion tools. I don't understand why some of the other apps don't have conversion modules for TD, it can't be that expensive to do.

I was quickly up and running on RTM and got very nice support when I had questions.

For me the pros are the tasks are separated into completed and incomplete, it's very, very fast on all my devices whereas TD didn't function on my phone and tablet, there is a 'postpone option' for each task, after creating or changing a task I get an 'undo' option for use in case I changed my mind.

Cons are at the end of the day when I run down the days tasks to check off what I've completed RTM shows me which tasks will recur but it doesn't show me when as TD does. RTM requires me to stop and open each task to see if its set to recur in a week or a month. Also RTM shows me that there are notes in that task but it doesn't show me any part of the notes so, again, I have to stop and open the task to see the notes

Each change requires a 'save' and each checkoff triggers a very fast update as compared to TD where you can do a page of changes and checkoffs before an online update. This is both a pro and a con. Its safe and quick but TD allowed me to look at a page of changes and checkoffs before doing an update.

I'm still learning about RTM. The subtask function seems to be well designed but bunches of them that were completed sometimes appear on my days todo list.
jeffsa1

Posted Jan 12, 2021 in: Toodledo still alive?
Score: 1
  • jeffsa1
  • Posted: Jan 12, 2021
  • Score: 1
I've been looking for a replacement for Toodledo for awhile. Today I found Taskangel. I guess it's not well known because I haven't seen it on any of the lists of top task managers.
I'm writing this because I was able to install Taskangel and convert from Toodledo in about 15 minutes. My main worry has been what will happen if Toodledo suddenly isn't available one day. I think Taskangel is the answer. It looks and feels alot like Toodledo except faster.
I think it's at least given me another path to manage my tasks.
jeffsa1

Posted Jan 11, 2021 in: We’re Back
  • jeffsa1
  • Posted: Jan 11, 2021
Jane;
I have almost the same experience as you with Toodledo and with Todoist.
Where we differ is that after 6 hours ++ I could not convert to todist.
The problem, and I hope you have some suggestions for me, was that Toodledo exports an xls with columns for notes and recurring infor whereas Todoist imports them as lines.
I have 1200 tasks, most are recurring and have notes so I'd have to transfer maybe 2000 cells on my csv to be lines on Todoist import.
I do hope you have solved this problem and can tell me how to do it.
Thanks

This message was edited Jan 11, 2021.
jeffsa1

Posted Oct 06, 2019 in: Confused about subscriptions
  • jeffsa1
  • Posted: Oct 06, 2019
I'm a 'Silver' subscriber and I've just been informed that my subscription will end in 2 weeks.
When I went to renew I saw that there's no longer a Silver option but the Free Basic Version suits me perfectly.
However when I click on it nothing happens. It seems like I'm being forced to choose one of the more expensive more complex plans.
Is there a way for me to renew the Silver Plan or to sign up for the Basic Plan?
jeffsa1

Posted Apr 17, 2019 in: Andoid New Problems
  • jeffsa1
  • Posted: Apr 17, 2019
I'm using Toodledo on my Samsung Galaxy Tablet. V6.6.8 (164).

Its begun to stop, crash, and is not at all synching.

New transactions created on the tablet are not appearing under tasks or being synched.

I've reinstalled it with no change.

Any suggestions?

This message was edited Apr 17, 2019.
jeffsa1

Posted Mar 15, 2019 in: Questions: Toodledo on Android Tablet
  • jeffsa1
  • Posted: Mar 15, 2019
Hello;

I'm a longtime Toodledo user, just started using it on my new Samsung Tab A, Android, Tablet, and having trouble understanding how to use it.

? The view I have is two columns, one is a task list, the other is the details of the selected task. Can I get a different view?
?The task list column doesn't show the folders as does my pc version. Can I add that? (The folder appears in the task detail but I like to group my task list by folder)
? How do I check off a task on the list when it's done (keeping the next occurence)?
?How do I trigger a reload/refresh?

Thanks
jeffsa1

Posted Jan 16, 2019 in: Android View
  • jeffsa1
  • Posted: Jan 16, 2019
Is there a way to adjust the view on Android devices?
My current view has the page divided into 2 columns, the headings + dates for all the tasks are on the left.
On the right is the heading, folder, priority on the right for one specific task.
This isn't a useful view for me.
I'd prefer to have the same, one column view I have on the Windows version.
But I cant find a way to change the view.
Suggestions?
jeffsa1

Posted May 11, 2013 in: Iphone Sync problems
  • jeffsa1
  • Posted: May 11, 2013
Posted by Business Support LLC:
I have been getting these regularly and again things got out of sync. Not fixed by a manual sync, rebooting the iphone app, nor by rebooting the entire iphone.

Who else is getting these? Are you even checking if you are getting out of sync (maybe you are out of sync and don't know it)?

The faqs say this happens rarely, I find it happens regularly - I don't use my iphone app often, but I need it to work when I do use it and about 1/3 the time it is not correct.

Yes, I filed a support ticket, they said check the synchronization log (without giving enough information to say how, so I had to spend more time on help to figure this out). Gee no errors - it says everything synced fine but there were about 10 tasks not synced (obvious if you look at the counts) and of course those were recent ones and most were the ones I needed.

Fix - well we have to monitor it all the time to catch when it goes out of sync and manually fix it, then do a force sync (copies all one one side to the other which is why you have to monitor and fix things first or you will lose info), and if that doesn't work wipe it off the iphone and then reinstall it. Not an acceptable fix.

If we all make a rucus, maybe they will get this to work reliably.

About the same time I started to have Iphone synch problems.
It takes 90 minutes to synch over the same wifi as I've always had.
I reinstalled the app, cleared the data, submitted a support ticket, etc. No solution.
This problem just appeared and wont go away. TD doesnt know how to fix it.
I can synch my android in under a minute.
jeffsa1

Posted May 11, 2013 in: What are the Notes really for
  • jeffsa1
  • Posted: May 11, 2013
Posted by Leo_1322101230:
I know this may sound stupied, but what is notes supposed to be used for or as?

I use notes for the many things I need to keep track of: medicines and supplements that I am taking and side effects, business opptys that I am researching, travel advice on places that I may want to visit, relocating issues, etc.
I dont know how I could get along without them.

This message was edited May 11, 2013.
jeffsa1

Posted Feb 20, 2013 in: Notes missing from archive
  • jeffsa1
  • Posted: Feb 20, 2013
Ok, that makes sense. Why store notes over and over.

I raised this subject because it seemed like when I searched the archive there were no notes in any of the iterations. From what you are saying, if I've finished with a recurring task the last occurrence in the archive should have the note, right?
jeffsa1

• jeffsa1
The reason this is important to me is because I recently accidentally deleted some notes with extensive note.

I'm not sure I understand 'active version of each task.
If I have a task to call someone and put several details like the phone number or price into the note, when I check the task off as completed, there is not longer an 'active version' , the only thing left is the archive of the task saying to call someone.
That means the note is lost.
Is this correct?

Does your backup tool save the notes?
jeffsa1

• jeffsa1
Wow. I've been using Toodle for awhile but didn't know that.

Does your backup tool save notes? Its not clear from the description

Do you have a recommended way to retain notes onto your online archive?

This message was edited Feb 20, 2013.
jeffsa1

Posted Feb 19, 2013 in: Notes missing from archive
  • jeffsa1
  • Posted: Feb 19, 2013
Recently I've had to recall some completed tasks, all were missing their notes.
Is there something special I need to do to save or recall the notes on tasks?
jeffsa1

Posted Sep 02, 2012 in: Am I missing tasks?
  • jeffsa1
  • Posted: Sep 02, 2012

This message was edited Sep 02, 2012.
jeffsa1

Posted Sep 01, 2012 in: Am I missing tasks?
  • jeffsa1
  • Posted: Sep 01, 2012
I'm wondering how many tasks I have.
If I do a search for all tasks that are 'not' 'checked off' I get 579 displayed.
If I do view by 'main' I get 319 tasks displayed and cant figure out which ones are missing.
Which tasks would be in one view but not in the other.
Thanks
jeffsa1

Posted Jul 31, 2012 in: Android offline online
  • jeffsa1
  • Posted: Jul 31, 2012
I've been using Toodledo on my Mac and Iphone, just got an Android Samsung Ace and have some questions:
At the gym today I had internet access but couldnt open toodledo or m.toodledo. I got a message saying that the synch was queued for the next time I was online. Yet I was able to access other websites online. What should I be doing to make the connection?
I think I remember seeing somewhere that m.toodledo had the ability to save a backup copy that could be used offline. Is that true? How does it work?
jeffsa1

Posted Jun 30, 2012 in: New Android
  • jeffsa1
  • Posted: Jun 30, 2012
Re: m.toodledo

Today my Android says 'webpage not available'

I'm hoping that m.toodledo will include my notebook, thats particularly important to me.
jeffsa1

Posted Jun 29, 2012 in: New Android
  • jeffsa1
  • Posted: Jun 29, 2012
Thank you.
I appreciate the prompt replies.

This message was edited Jun 30, 2012.
jeffsa1

• jeffsa1
When I try m.toodledo my android keeps telling me that I am offline even though I can access toodledo.com and other websites.
jeffsa1

• jeffsa1
Hi;

I'd appreciate any suggestions as to how I can use Toodledo.com in an weak signal or offline Android mode.

I recently relocated to Argentina.

Until now I used Toodledo.com on my Verizon Iphone in Florida but here I had to buy a Samsung Ace/Android that worked with their GSM wireless technology.

Now Toodledo.com works fine when I have wifi or a strong signal but at my gym and some other places with weaker signals it wont open in my browser. Other apps open there but not Toodledo.com.

On my Iphone the browser kept toodledo.com offline and even let me update offline until the next synch.

I've tried do the same on my Samasung/Android by putting a backup file on it but somehow I cant seem to get it to download.

Thanks
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next