ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by davidbell98"
davidbell98

Posted Apr 11, 2013 in: Unknown icon in Due Today
Score: 0
Once again, I must ask, is there no user manual for Due Today? I don't see one at the developer site.

When you long press a task to select it, you get a row of new choices at the top of the screen: done, edit, delete, ??, folder icon, menu icon. My question is about the ?? icon. It looks kind of like a calendar page, but when I top it after selecting a task, the selection just goes away, and I'm back to the main view. Does anyone know what this icon does?

Thanks!
davidbell98

Posted Apr 11, 2013 in: Sub tasks in Due Today?
In the middle or writing this post, I ended up figuring out the answer to my own question when I went back to the app to figure out the best way to ask it. However, I've decided to post it anyway, in case someone else has the same question in the future. Is there no manual for Due Today?

Original post:

In lieu of an official Toodledo release for Android (come on guys, please!!!), like many of you, I'm trying to find the perfect third party app for my Nexus 7. I tried DGT GTD, but I wasn't fond of the design, and I think I found sorting to be limited when compared to Toodledo (although it's been a little while and I can't remember if that's right).

I'm currently trying out Due Today, which is better designed I think. But I can't for the life of me figure out how to deal with sub tasks. I read that they were supported. I can see that the sub tasks I have created in Toodledo are visible and nicely indented in the app. But I can't create new sub tasks, and I can't figure out how to change a tasks parent task.

I have what is I think a pretty common setup. I use folders for Areas of responsibility (teaching, research, personal, family, etc.). Within those, I have individual next actions and tasks with sub tasks (projects).

Answer:

1. Long press a task to select it.
2. Tap the menu icon (three dots in a vertical line).
3. Select "Set Parent Task."

This works, and is actually an improvement on Toodledo in at least one respect: you can change the parent task of more than one task very easily (I never use Toodledo's multi--edit feature because I often can't come up with a search that returns just the tasks I want to manipulate). However, it would be nice to have the option to change a parent task from the standard edit screen of a task in Due Today as well.
davidbell98

Posted Oct 30, 2012 in: Quick search doesn't search tags?
A related question (one I see was asked some time ago, but I don't think was answered in that thread): tags appear to be ordered by number of associated tasks, and there doesn't appear to be any other way of organizing them (alphabetically, nesting, etc.). This also seems to be a major area for improvement in my humble opinion. How do others use tags as they are now?
davidbell98

Posted Oct 30, 2012 in: Quick search doesn't search tags?
Quick search seems not to look in tags. Is this a setting I need to change, or just not an available feature? Without it, I'm not really sure I'd want to use tags very heavily.
davidbell98

Posted Aug 12, 2011 in: Folders as tabs at top?
Score: 1
Hi everyone,

I'm new to Toodledo. Early on, I came across a post and associated videocasts by Proximo on his GTD setup. It looked interesting, but I can't seem to figure out how he configured Toodledo to look the way he did. I get that styles can be isntalled via browser add-ons, but is that how you get folders to appear as tabs at the top of the window? Or is this a design feature of the old Toodledo that was changed recently? Thanks!