ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by brian_1314811346"
brian_1314811346

Posted Jan 16, 2023 in: Hotlist on desktop versus iOS
Score: 1
I am currently using the free version of toodledo.

There appear to be some inconsistencies between what appears in the hotlist on the browser versus what appears on the hotlist on my iPhone.

I have set up identical sort criteria in each, however, tasks with an approaching DUE ON (=) end date appear in the web browser but are absent from the hotlist on the iPhone.

Anyone got any ideas as to why this is? Might it be a bug?
brian_1314811346

Posted Nov 14, 2022 in: How to set up and search a list?
Score: 0
I am using the Free version currently - having recently returned to Toodledo following the change in ownership/management and at last being able to reinstate/synchronise all my data on my iPhone!

I have a long grocery shopping list that I'd originally set up as a Folder with Tasks (one foodstuff item per task). It works well and is searchable but as it is now cluttering up my 'proper' tasks, I'm considering migrating the shopping list folder and tasks into a List.

The columns in my shopping list are:
Buy - star - indicating that I need to buy that item on my next shop
Cart - checkbox - tick it if I find the item when in the store
Item - text - the foodstuff I'm looking for, e.g. milk, eggs
Category - tag - Dairy, Cereals, Cleaning materials etc.

To locate an item I tend to use the search facility rather than scroll.

BASIC QUESTION #1 - Is it possible to search a list? - a) in the free version b) on one of the paid plans?
I'd like to be able to do this on iphone and website.

BASIC QUESTION #2 - it seems as if the iphone only shows the first 3 columns on the first screen? if so, then it looks like I'll have to set up item as a category/item combo, e.g. Dairy - MILK, Cereals - PORRIDGE etc. Is my understanding of the functionality correct?

BASIC QUESTION #3 - how do I easily migrate my shopping list from a folder to a list without a bunch of retyping?

p.s. I appreciate List has a filter function, but what I like about search is that if you type just a few characters it offers suggestions based on the data, whereas the Filter function does not.

This message was edited Nov 14, 2022.
brian_1314811346

Posted Jul 31, 2020 in: iOS Update - June 2020
I am posting here as it appears no-one is bothering to respond to posts in the News section, particularly in relation to the screw-up that was the iOS update in June.

What are the options for those of us who did NOT have sync set up? Is that data now completely lost? Or is there some way to recover it?
brian_1314811346

Posted Jul 26, 2020 in: iOS Update - June 2020
I agree entirely with @todd.d.taylor's sentiments. I am also in a similar (but not quite the same) position to his wife.

I am a long-time user of toodledo on iphone. Never use the website, but the sync *was* set up when I had iphone4s.

Moved to iphone 6s maybe 4 years ago - continued not to use the website.

Read the debacle about Toodledo's loss of data after recent app update. Read the CEO's advice, but first checked the status of my data on the website. It appears my data has not been sync'd since 2016. So, effectively, much the same as having never been sync'd.

So, naturally I have not carroied out a sync as that would be pretty pointless.

What exactly is the solution for those who have never sync'd or whose sync is out of date Anand/CEO?

You've made lost of promises about improved ongoing communication so I am looking forward to a prompt and informative reply.