Search results for "Posted by johnwd3"
johnwd3

Posted Nov 22, 2010 in: How to View Assigned Tasks
Score: 0
  • johnwd3
  • Posted: Nov 22, 2010
  • Score: 0
Posted by tomas_franke:
The only problem is that if I delegate a task, and that task virtually disappears from my list, not only that, the receptor can just delete my task and I will never hear about it again...well, that makes this tool useless.

Workaround suggestion. As you saw in my previous post I agree with you fully. My workaround is to put my associates name in as a Context (DK Action) - then at least both of us can track it. Not elegant, but so far it's the best idea I have come up with to try and make this "play with others".
johnwd3

Posted Nov 22, 2010 in: How to View Assigned Tasks
  • johnwd3
  • Posted: Nov 22, 2010
Posted by tomas_franke:
Hi, I have just set up my management staff with Toodledo. Great tool. The only problem is that if I delegate a task, and that task virtually disappears from my list, not only that, the receptor can just delete my task and I will never hear about it again...well, that makes this tool useless. You can see how contradictory this is, when you can mark a task status as "delegated" but you will only see this up to when you actually delegate the task. The minute you do, the task is gone. I know you guys are working on this, I just want to point out the difference between a personal task handler (Toodledo today) and what we out there actually need, a task delegation and follow up tool.

I have to agree with Franke - while I have been using it as a personal tool I finally realized it might be able to be used across all 4 companies. THEN I realized what a great tool to also use with our Historic Boat Foundation where we have to schedule and track volunteers efforts. FANTASTIC! Then I hit the problem franke pointed out as I am setting it up with my assistant first.

It's a deal killer not being able to even know how to follow up on delegated tasks!
:-( Grump grump grump
I understand your policy to not comment but I can and will comment -- PLEASE hurry! We have several organizations that would benefit and quite a number of folks to train!
johnwd3

Posted Jul 26, 2010 in: Toodledo Desktop Client for Mac (kinda)
  • johnwd3
  • Posted: Jul 26, 2010
I am a non tech refugee from Treo, Now Contact & NUD iPhone, iPad, Mac using paying Toodledo (TD) newbie.
Have tried almost every other task manager out there. Got used to OmniFocus but could not stand the lack of reminders or alarms to make sure I looked at something in time. TD seems to be the best (or least-worst) alternative so far but I really wish it had a desktop version. Would one of you experienced TD users be kind enough to gather the above into one post that would give a DA like me a fighting chance of making it happen w/o a huge investment of time?