Search results for "Posted by marsh"
marsh

Posted Jul 13, 2014 in: Android App that Syncs "Lists"
Score: 2
  • marsh
  • Posted: Jul 13, 2014
  • Score: 2
+1

Not only do I want this feature for the Toodledo app, I'd also like the ability to sync it with other, similar apps, such as Mighty Grocer. This might require the target app itself to add this capability, or someone might develop a general intermediary app that links, e.g., shopping lists in Tooodledo w/ a shopping-list app, etc.

BTW, in general, I really like the way Toodledo implements this because it's flexible & allows one to see all items on the list in context. For example, a general shopping list can show all the items on the list as well as all the stores. Apps like Might Grocer tend to put the items on a store-by-store basis, so it's hard to get an overview. Particularly for things like a shopping list, this is important because if, say, Costco is out of something you may have to buy when you get to the more expensive Whole Foods.
marsh

Posted Oct 24, 2008 in: Thunderbird/Lightning
Score: -1
  • marsh
  • Posted: Oct 24, 2008
  • Score: -1
One other thing. I do not think it's a good idea to rely on T-Bird for general To-Do stuff. I am very impressed with Merlin Mann's Inbox Zero philosophy. He urges us to check email only a few times per day, and I think the easiest way to do so is to turn off the email client. Most uses of a To-Do application should have nothing to do with email. Still, many emails have To-Do implications, so we need a way to integrate email with a To-Do application. Jarheaddoug has a very nice AIR app that runs the slim version of Toodledo on the desktop. With Toodledo's subject-line syntax, a mail client can add to the task list while the desktop task is running. The only problem with the Air app is it is really a dedicated Toodledo browser. We need something that can run offline and sync with Toodledo when it comes online, and it would be nice to have Thunderbird interface with the sync file when the system is offline.

This message was edited Oct 24, 2008.
marsh

Posted Oct 24, 2008 in: Thunderbird/Lightning
Score: 0
  • marsh
  • Posted: Oct 24, 2008
  • Score: 0
Toodledo has a subject-line syntax for adding tasks via email. It should be relatively easy for someone who knows how to build T-Bird extensions to create an interface for constructing the subject line. Unfortunately, if you're not familiar with T-Bird extensions, you have to do a goat sacrifice, as one wag on the web put it.
marsh

• marsh
  • Posted: Oct 20, 2008
Hi,

Samurize in Windows and Geek Tool in OSX allow the user to display text output on the desktop. A really cool and useful feature for Toodledo would be a command line that generates text output. For example, a Unix command might be: toodledo -hotlist | more. With something like this one could have the current todo list permanently displayed as part of the wallpaper.
marsh

Posted Oct 20, 2008 in: Rough ETA for Offline feature
  • marsh
  • Posted: Oct 20, 2008
Posted by Ryan:
Posted by Swami Gaurangapada:
An Adobe AIR program (or similar) to add and manage Tasks, Subtasks and Folders offline and sync them online would also be great so that we don't even need the browser open when offline.

you could try Mozilla's Prism, and also an app called Bubbles for an interface free browser.

Maybe I am missing something, but neither of these provide offline sync. I tried both Prism and Bubbles, and neither one let me add a task while my computer was unplugged from the network. So an offline sync feature is still important for people who use laptops or whose Internet connection sometimes goes down.

In addition to Prism and Bubbles, there is a very nice Adobe AIR app that uses the slim version of Toodledo. See http://www.toodledo.com/foru ms/7/356/-1568/toodledo-air-app.html. The nice thing about this is that it runs on Macintoshin as well as Windows. Presumably it will run under Linux too. However, the app is really unnecessary with OSX because the very nice Toodledo dashboard widget does the same thing.

This message was edited Oct 20, 2008.