ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by jon.ripsom"
jon.ripsom

Score: 0
Thanks for the clarification. The search for completed subtasks by folder initially shows the subtasks, but as soon as I click on the three dots to display the parent, the completed subtask disappears.

Interestingly, on the current iOS Toodledo app, if I look at the same parent task, and display it's subtasks, all active and completed subtasks display properly. I think I need to submit a support ticket for the web interface view...
jon.ripsom

I've been using Saved Searches quite a bit, but haven't been able to display the completed subtasks on them either. I also don't see a way to set up a saved search that will display all the completed subtasks in a project - that is, I don't see a criteria for "parent task" (e.g. show me all the subtasks for Project A, completed or uncompleted). Do you know of a way to do that?

Thanks!
jon.ripsom

I'm using the new Task web page, and it is working very well. One thing I have not been able to figure out, however, is how to display all of the completed subtasks for a given task (even those older than 7 days, or "recently completed"). I found several posts in the forums indicating a button or menu item to "display completed subtasks" for a task, but I'm not seeing that anywhere. I have been using the search page, which will display the completed subtasks, but when I click on the three dot symbol to display the subtask's parent, the subtask disappears and is replaced by the parent. The parent offers to show active subtasks under it, but not completed subtasks. Using the Permanent Link doesn't provide the completed tasks either. I have my display filter set to "inline" for subtasks (doesn't work with "hidden" or "indented" either).

Am I missing something? Thanks!
Jon
jon.ripsom

Posted Sep 11, 2008 in: looking for way to duplicate tasks
Add a vote from me as well! I have a number of activities that I would create as tasks and subtasks if I could copy them over again and again each time I needed to execute the activity.

Thanks!
Jon
jon.ripsom

Posted Sep 11, 2008 in: iPod Touch & Toodledo?
I use both, depending on the circumstances, although I tend to use the Toodledo slim client more often from my PC at work, and the ToDo client on my iPod Touch at other times. I can't get on WiFi at work, so depending on what I'm doing that day, I'll either work all on ToDo on my Touch, or all on the slim client in Firefox or Chrome on my PC, and then sync when I get home. I haven't started using Contexts too heavily, since I can't see them yet on ToDo, but I do set them through Toodledo in anticipation of their arrival soon in ToDo.

If I am going to be doing major planning work and re-organizing of my lists, I'll work in Toodledo for the day at work (I always sync just before going to work). Otherwise, I prefer to use ToDo because it is just so easy, and it feels good to cross things off there. I have a lot of repeating tasks, and they seem to work well across both systems (there were a couple bugs, but I think those are fixed now).

I am hoping that more Toodledo features come to ToDo, such as Goals, Status and Tags, but I figure that I can always access those through the slim client until such time that they are local on ToDo. With the new quick-entry on ToDo, I find it very easy to add tasks to my Inbox as they arise during the day, and sort them out later when I get a chance.

I miss the cut and paste, but it hasn't been a big deal - like I mentioned, I can do heavy editing in Toodledo via the PC and get the major cut and paste done there. I have put requests into both Toodledo and ToDo to add the ability to copy tasks and subtasks so that I can replicate activities that I do on an irregular basis, but I haven't heard any plans to implement that yet - that would be much more powerful to me than cut and paste!

This message was edited Sep 11, 2008.
jon.ripsom

Posted Aug 27, 2008 in: iPhone App
I've been using both ToDo and ToodleDo for the last few weeks, and they work really well together. Appigo is working on adding Contexts, but haven't set a date for release yet. Several folks have also been advocating for subtasks as well, so I'm hoping that will get added in the future as well. It is nice to be able to update my ToDo's locally, when I don't have connectivity (I'm an iPod Touch user), and then sync later. It really makes jotting down thoughts easy!
jon.ripsom

Posted Aug 11, 2008 in: Copying Tasks (and Subtasks)
I would very much like that capability as well. I often have a task that is made up of small steps, but they don't repeat on a periodic basis (e.g. process a new user, process a new data file, run a report), so I would like to be able to copy a previous instance of that task and subtasks into a new instance for the job at hand.

Thanks for making such a great web site!