ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by am.olsson15"
am.olsson15

Score: 2
I have to be honest. I almost left Toodledo last weekend. I spent a good many hours checking out other task management/project lite web based programs. I looked into Asana, Todoist, Trello, Things3, OmniFocus (yes, I realize that not all of them are web based, but I was trying to see what else was out there). I was all set to move over to Todoist and as I was typing my tasks in I realized that Todist did not have the robust features that I was use to with Toodledo. I realized that issue was not with Toodledo, it was more that I needed to create a new workflow - planning system to get me more focused.

So....here is what I was looking for:

* A calendar view where I could see colorful bars that show the lengths of projects from first task to last task or start date to end date.
* Ability to have section headers in my projects
* The ability to manually re-order my tasks in a project.

After much research - I realized there are ways that I CAN get the features above in Toodledo.
* There is a calendar view - with the new layout - where I can select which days I want to view the scheduled tasks.
* I have my projects in folders - I've learned that I can create "sections" with a task and then list the project tasks as sub-tasks.
* With my project tasks as sub-tasks - I am able to reorder them in the folder view.

So.....why did I run back to Toodledo so quickly??

1. Why are you using Toodledo instead of other products?
The flexibility of the filters!!!!!! I can look at what I want when I want. I can look at everything due today - I can view it by folder, context - filter the context . I have three levels of filters!!! I can look at today - by folder - by priority - by star.
The filters are what really kept me with Toodledo - I guess and the number of levels I can use to describe my tasks (I think I may use all of them).

2. What benefits have you found with Toodledo and how has it impacted your productivity?
What originally brought me to Toodledo was the web access. I work on PC at the office and I needed the ability to have web access.
The level of features that I can assign to each task - context (@office @home), Tags (#boss #projectX), Priority (Top level, high level) Status (Active, Waiting, delegated) Due date - due time - reminders!!! An incredible level of descriptors that are just not available with other apps. Oh - the notes section on each task! This is how I track the status of my tasks.

3. What are your favorite features? All of the above.

4. What's your typical Toodledo use case?
Two levels - At home - I use Toodledo to remind me of future due dates as well as what I need to do the coming day, weekend, week.
I also use it to remind me of movies I want to see, books I want to read, etc.

At the office - I use it to track all of my tasks and projects - keep track of the status, notes for each task, what I'm waiting for and from whom.

Also, please include:

1. Anne-Margaret
2. Association
3. Online Communities Manager
4. At least five years - maybe more.

I would just like to say that I use the web version and the IPhone app everyday. I love the IPhone app - never had an issue with the app.

This message was edited Aug 03, 2018.