ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Ray_C"
Ray_C

Posted Aug 16, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 2
  • Ray_C
  • Posted: Aug 16, 2018
  • Score: 2
First I want to apologize for not reading the entire stream before posting.

I as a paid user I thought of commenting when first asked but am just so busy that the idea of giving up 30 minutes for a talk... just couldn't do it.

However Ive been stewing for the past two months wanting to give my two cents. Just two big things I'm begging for in Toodledo.

The first, and biggest is so easy I just don't get why it is not there:

1> FILES: Your paid feature file storing feature is at best barely usable for anyone doing real work and keeping track of it on Toodledo. There is no way you guys could build a file storage app that really fits into an active workflow (not to mention bypasses the increasing security businesses are installing). I'm not saying to dump it, but what is needed is just a simple interface to link to files on your own computer. I know this is easy because I'm no big web programmer and Ive even done it myself. Its a days work, why not do it ? That alone would make Toodledo twice as useful for me. I'm tired of trying to find workarounds. Then if someone wants to use dropbox or box or onedrive or whatever, they can point to directories on their computer that sync with those, or if their employer limits use of those they can link to a file on their computer or network that they choose. As work comes in, I want to link each task to the folder where I'm storing files to that task... why should that be so hard ?

** clarification: The note editor does allow you to link to a website, but it does not work for linking to a file.

2.> Design our own columns. Ok, this one is harder to do. But I will just say this once... Toodledo is the best there is now, but eventually someone is going to create a system where you can create your own columns instead of going through a zillion hoops trying to adapt someone else's idea of what your categories and needs are. Yes, I'm using tags, without tags it would be hopeless. But the fact is that most of your categories and "statuses" and whatever are all designed for someone else who thinks maybe that's what people need because its from some GTD class or whatever. The moment someone lets me build my own columns with my own default values to choose from... that's where I'm going to go. Nuff said.

.... otherwise, keep up the good work :)
I am actually rooting for you to be an even bigger success.

Ray

This message was edited Aug 16, 2018.