ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by wickendeng"
wickendeng

Posted Oct 05, 2020 in: We’re Back
Score: 0
Posted by Philippe Lahalle:
Hi wickendeng,

Why did you write that there is chaos in Toodledo?

I think that you answered your own question in your subsequent posts.
wickendeng

Posted Aug 23, 2020 in: We’re Back
I left Toodledo over a month ago and have invested so much time and effort in the process that even if the app gets sorted out, I shan’t be coming back. Switching to RTM was painless. Laboriously copying and pasting each of my notes over to Simplenote less so, but it’s mostly done. I miss being able to switch between to do lists and notes within the same app but that’s about all.

Toodledo was a good, fully functioning app that I relied on to help me run my life. The chaos and lack of communication of the past couple of months meant that I couldn’t risk continuing to use it. The events leading to the app’s downfall, while perhaps forming the subject matter for a good book, are irrelevant to my decision to move on and not look back.

This message was edited Aug 23, 2020.
wickendeng

Posted Jul 09, 2020 in: We’re Back
Posted by Anant G.:
It will be back in store in few days. Waiting for apple to approve the build. We also reached out to them about the data issue. We did test out everything in beta version and there were no complaints about data being wiped out, so Apple is looking into that.

We are expecting a release by end of this week or early next week. I am going to update the beta link once our build is approved.

Adding to this, just make sure you sync everything with the Toodledo web version if you are using the old app or the new one. Those settings can be found under Toodledo's App Settings --> Synchronization.

You have nil credibility I’m afraid - even the web version is not updating properly. I’m out of TD as fast as I can manage - to RTM for tasks and Simplenote for notes. The transfer of notes to the latter is tedious but it’ll be worth it

This message was edited Jul 09, 2020.
wickendeng

Posted Jul 07, 2020 in: iOS Update - June 2020
I find it difficult to believe how inept the handling of this crisis has been. The app on the iPad has been unusable for two days now, with not a word from the company and the app pulled without explanation from the App Store. I daredn’t try the iPhone version in case the multiple serious bugs hit that too. What of earth do they think they’re playing at? People run their lives on these apps and don’t take kindly to this level of disruption.

I’ve taken backups of all my data in case the whole things disappears permanently down a black hole. I suggest that all users do the same. In the meantime, and after 12 years of use, I’m looking for an alternative that I can trust.
wickendeng

Posted Jul 06, 2020 in: iOS Update - June 2020
Deafening silence from the company. App not available on the app store, presumably to stop people posting one-star reviews.

I’ve forced a synchronisation from the web to my iPad, which has repopulated the app. However, both the tasks and the notes sections have been reformatted. I can’t read my notes because the top or bottom (or both) of some notes have been cut off. And I can’t edit my tasks because the editing box to change dates etc has disappeared.

I’m deeply unimpressed that a version of a critical (to me) app could be rolled out with so many huge bugs in it. And that the company responsible for this mess has gone quiet. I’ve been a user since 2008 but won’t be any longer if this isn’t rolled back immediately.

This message was edited Jul 06, 2020.