ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Dav"
Dav

Posted Sep 11, 2011 in: Import Google Tasks into Toodledo
Score: 0
  • Dav
  • Posted: Sep 11, 2011
  • Score: 0
There actually is an API now. So, you could not only get the data, but also update it if you chose! For example, you enable migration of tasks back and forth between toodledo and GTasks!

http://code.google.com/apis/tasks/
Dav

Posted Aug 24, 2010 in: Google Calendar Gadget Scrollbar
  • Dav
  • Posted: Aug 24, 2010
+1 on this feature!
Dav

Posted Apr 01, 2009 in: Launchpad OpenID?
  • Dav
  • Posted: Apr 01, 2009
Hi,

While Launchpad(.net) claims to support openid 1.1 and 2.0, I get an error when I try to set up my launchpad openid with toodledo...

Any ideas about why that might be? I'm trying to set it up under my account settings. The direct link is:

http://www.toodledo.com/openidlink.php

The launchpad login service comes up and let's me know toodledo is requesting me to authenticate... but then when I click "sign in", I get back to the toodledo page with the following message:

"Sorry, but we were unable to authenticate your OpenID login information."

Cheers,
Dav
Dav

Posted Nov 17, 2008 in: iPhone App Updated to 1.3
  • Dav
  • Posted: Nov 17, 2008
You're really getting close to perfect with this release!
Dav

Posted Sep 21, 2008 in: subtask showing up weird
  • Dav
  • Posted: Sep 21, 2008
I see this too. It seems to only happen under certain filtering situations. Some examples:

On the hotlist, if both tasks and subtasks are "hot" (i.e. included by the logic of the hotlist) they show up separately. Likewise on the main>All Tasks screen, subtasks will show up separated from parent tasks. Or similarly, if you have a starred subtask, but the task is not starred, only the subtask will show up in the "starred" list. Same the other way around - a starred parent with non-starred subtasks will not by default have the subtasks listed there (and the subtask icon is pale).

The above is not a big deal, though, the real glitch is that if you click on the "subtask" icon of a parent task or subtask, the other tasks in that bundle will relocate to wherever the clicked task is located. This can seriously mess with, e.g. sorting by due date... a no due date task can relocate more immediate tasks down to the "no due date area." And there's no way to undo this.

It could make more sense to toggle between grouped / ungrouped tasks (perhaps next to the show / hide subtasks link?). In addition, when tasks were grouped, it would probably make more sense for things like due dates to be considered as the soonest due date of the bunch.

I've sent screenshots of this to [email protected]

This does not seem to happen outside of filtering... for example, if I'm viewing the folder with a task with subtasks, everything shows up where I'd expect.

I think in the end, there's no obvious "right" behavior here. It's a little weird, but in the end if you have different contexts, due dates, starred value and so on, filters have to treat parent tasks and subtasks separately. Here are some simple examples and site behaviors that would support them:

1) I have a parent task with a due date, but subtasks which have no due date...

I'd probably, e.g. want the subtasks grouped under the parent task, and be grouped with the other tasks with the same due date as the parent. This would lend itself naturally to the parent task showing up exactly once on any given view. Alternatively, the entire group could just show up at the soonest due date of the bunch.

2) I have separate due dates for subtasks...

I'd probably want subtasks sorted in with the other tasks that have the same due date as the subtask itself.

Behavior (2) is close to what the site does now, and the "weird" behavior would go away for most people if, for example, your subtasks simply inherited the date of the parent. A nicer but more complex solution might be to have the auto-filling of due date from the parent by default (which I suggested in another post!) - which would make a default behavior of sorting with the parent task, but would allow "breaking" subtasks into different sorted locations.

In the case where the user chose different due dates for different subtasks, the parent task could show up at multiple points in a filtered or sorted list with each (or each group) of subtasks.

In the case where subtasks all had later due dates than the parent task (which would be a little non-sensical) you may also want the parent task to show up by itself under that sooner date (or likewise under it's own folder, context, etc. if different from all subtasks). However, this kind of illogical behavior should perhaps be ruled out? One possibility would be that _only_ subtasks _or_ parent tasks could specify a given field (though perhaps the user could sometimes have one or the other). For example, perhaps the parent task would specify the folder (or other field), and subtasks would not be able to change the folder. But the parent task may leave the due-date (or context, or ...) unspecified, and the subtasks could then specify different due dates.

This is a little confusing, I know - I'm having trouble figuring out how to describe things without showing them. So if someone else can explain better -that'd be great!

But it's clear to me that the logic between tasks and subtasks needs a little polishing!

Hope this helps!
Dav

Posted Sep 12, 2008 in: Subgoals
Score: 1
  • Dav
  • Posted: Sep 12, 2008
  • Score: 1
One thing I'd really like to be able to do is look at all of the tasks that contribute to a high-level goal. We have sub-goals, but there's no way to easily look at all the tasks that contribute to a goal _or_ one of its subgoals.

Is this something I could do with the current system (including hopefully on the iPhone)?

Otherwise, this'd be a nice feature to be included in a future revision.

Thanks - love the service!
Dav
Dav

Posted Sep 12, 2008 in: Add subtasks directly to a task
  • Dav
  • Posted: Sep 12, 2008
I haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere - but if it has been, please just add my vote:

Sometimes when I'm looking at a long list of items, I want to add a subtask to a task - it's a little cumbersome to create the task at the top level and then drag it into the right task... it involves a bit more shifting of focus than is necessary.

On the iPhone interface, there is a link on each task to add a subtask - and it seems like it should be trivial to expose this in the full webapp.

This could also be an intermediate solution to various individual's request for yoking subtasks to the task. If you create a subtask from a link (or some kind of widget) in an existing task, it could inherit folder, goal, etc. by default, but allow the creator to change these values in the usual way.

(This "inheritance" functionality could also be included in the iPhone version).

Cheers,
Dav