ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by gtappend"
gtappend

Posted Nov 08, 2018 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Score: 1
  • gtappend
  • Posted: Nov 08, 2018
  • Score: 1
On the subject of pricing:

Todoist support have confirmed to me, that as long as you start a trial before the price rise kicks in, you will still be locked in to the old price even if the conversion to a paid account is after 1st December, as long as you don't revert back to the free level first.

In the case of Todoist business, which is the version I am looking at, even if I add new employees in future they will also be added at the old $29/user/year price as long as I don't cancel the subscription on my main account.
gtappend

Posted Nov 08, 2018 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Score: 0
  • gtappend
  • Posted: Nov 08, 2018
  • Score: 0
On the subject of start dates:

Todoist allows you to set up multiple reminders per task, and receive this as a desktop notification, e-mail, mobile push message or text message. So I'm trying out putting the start date (when I need one) in as the first reminder. The trouble is, that the task still does not appear in the main screen if it is not actually due in the next 7 days, ie. you start work on it but have planned longer than a week for the task.
gtappend

Posted Nov 02, 2018 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Score: 2
  • gtappend
  • Posted: Nov 02, 2018
  • Score: 2
However similar the "story" may be, the pricing policy certainly isn't!

Todoist are increasing from $29 to $36 per year, not tripling the price. And, more importantly, current premium customers remain locked into their current price so that the increase only affects new customers.

I think that is a crucial difference. If Toodledo hat done the same thing and locked Silver and Gold customers into their prices rather than just until the end of their current subscription, there would have been a lot less discussion about the increase.
gtappend

Posted Oct 19, 2018 in: Toodledo Update: Product Principles
  • gtappend
  • Posted: Oct 19, 2018
Posted by frogboy:

Todoist doesn’t allow you to hide tasks (reference or negative priority) which is my biggest issue (since I have had at one time over 10,000 tasks which are purely reference time based information). A work around would to run two accounts....

Todoist Premium allows you to create custom filters (ie. views), in the settings you can set one of these to be the main/start view. Would that help?
gtappend

• gtappend
Posted by Kat_2:
I use the context field, but could probably cope without it. The thing that's slightly putting me off 2Do is the lack of a web interface. My other option is then Todoist, but that's more expensive. I do like being able to enter tasks on my computer without having to constantly pick up my phone.

Todoist has a thing called "Labels" giving it a second tier which I am looking at using like the Contexts I have in Toodledo. It's also $29/year, so it costs about the same as the Gold subscription did until now.
gtappend

• gtappend
Posted by Kat_2:
Toodledo take note: I am literally about to pay another company money for a product I would PREFER to buy from you - but you've priced me out of your business.

I was in that position yesterday, and then the other company offered me a 30 day free trial of their paid version, no payment details needed, so giving me a nice 30 day transition period which overlaps with my gold subscription. And it's looking good so far...
gtappend

Score: 4
  • gtappend
  • Score: 4
Posted by smatics:
Yesterday, I signed up to Todoist Premium (through Google Play) for about $29 and in about 2 hours I transitioned most of my projects over using their CSV import. Todoist has a 30 day money back policy if you decide to cancel, but so far, the web interface is really good (not quite as functional as ToodleDo, but better in some ways) and the mobile app for Android is leagues ahead of the ToodleDo app.

As a tip for anyone else considering this, if you sign up for Todoist Free and then click on a premium function, they offer you a 30 day free trial of Premium without asking for any payment details at all (as opposed to signing up, paying, and then using the money back policy if you don't like it).
gtappend

Posted Oct 18, 2018 in: Toodledo Update: Product Principles
  • gtappend
  • Posted: Oct 18, 2018
Posted by boydston01:
Where is everyone getting the new pricing details?

I received an e-mail yesterday with the details in it.
gtappend

• gtappend
  • Posted: Oct 18, 2018
Strangely, mine says "Expires" at the top of the screen, but "The yearly subscription will automatically charge you each year to maintain your subscription, but you can cancel at any time." at the bottom.
gtappend

Posted Oct 17, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 3
  • gtappend
  • Posted: Oct 17, 2018
  • Score: 3
Posted by byerun:

I'm not following. The gold subscription seems to match closest to the new individual plan which is about $60/year. The $89.99/year you mentioned is for the business plan. Or am I missing something?

It depends which features you compare. The one that I immediately spotted was the full task history, which is currently in Gold and soon to be in Business.

For Silver users, simple collaboration and subtasks will mean changing to Individual ($19,99->$59,88).

I don't mind paying for something that I use, and have happily paid a Gold subscription for almost 7 years. I can also accept that prices will inevitably go up (although being locked into a price as an existing user is nice of course). But this price rise appears excessive.
gtappend

Posted Oct 17, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 7
  • gtappend
  • Posted: Oct 17, 2018
  • Score: 7
"Please note that there is no plan to increase the price of current paying users."

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/25975/0/toodledo-update-1.html

is a little bit different than "until your next renewal date."

So my Gold subscription is also going to go up from $29.99/year to $89.88/year - per person?

This message was edited Oct 17, 2018.