ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by enigment"
enigment

Posted Jul 30, 2019 in: Adroid app due date problems
Score: 0
  • enigment
  • Posted: Jul 30, 2019
  • Score: 0
Hmmm, I see that the DGT GTD Value Pack has Dropbox backup and restore, as well as FTP sync, either of which might have gotten me out of the Toodledo nonsense.

Is there more info about these features somewhere? It's not listed on the DGT web page.

FWIW, I'd never heard of that pack before you posted about it. Were DGT users supposed to have been notified? Why is it a separate install if it's still free?
enigment

Posted Jul 29, 2019 in: Adroid app due date problems
  • enigment
  • Posted: Jul 29, 2019
Interesting question about Toodledo's longevity. At one point it was a big player, but it seems to have been overtaken over time. Do you have any specific reason for concern?

I really liked DGT itself, the TD connection didn't matter, except as a way to back up my tasks off the phone. Another service could do just as well, but it'd be a lot of work on the DGT end.

So far I'm looking at Remember The Milk and Todoist as alternatives, and using Google Calendar as a stop-gap in the mean time so I don't break my life. GCal is actually closer to what I need than I expected, but definitely not there enough to stay there.

Thanks for your thoughts on all of this btw, much appreciated :)
enigment

Posted Jul 28, 2019 in: Adroid app due date problems
  • enigment
  • Posted: Jul 28, 2019
I'd almost consider going with Google Calendar, except for a few things I've found so far:
- Reminder notifications disappear immediately, no choice to snooze or edit
- Editing a reminder whose time is in the past shows it as All Day, and unsetting that doesn't get the original time back, so moving it to the same time tomorrow takes extra steps
- No notes for reminders
enigment

• enigment
No Duo, not a paid subscriber. Hasn't been a problem in the past, but you may well be right, based on the "Basic app integrations" that are available in the free tier, vs "All app integrations" in Standard and above, Thanks for the heads-up. It is a shame I wasn't aware of this.

It seems I've been out of some loop or other on the DTG side. I'd never heard of SODA (successor to DGT as I understand it) until today, it's still not shown on his site, and I didn't hear that DTG was winding down or whatever it's doing. Even today there's no indication of anything like that on its Google Play page.

So I'm confused. DGT should tell you if the integration isn't working. I never used Toodledo itself, so I never knew my data wasn't updating. Looks like it might not have updated Toodledo at least since late June, maybe as early as some time in March. It's hard to know, since you can't see modification date in the TD web app. And it doesn't matter much, not working now.

DGT was in permanent beta, but it had the features, and worked. Much of SODA isn't there yet, including synchronization. It also looks way more complex at first glance, not ideal, for me, but I haven't looked into it in depth.

So, I don't know what to do going forward. I haven't found any apps that are as simple and easy to use as DGT, with the features I need. I'm not a serious formal GTD-er, really just *need* a well-behaved calendar and reminders that actually work and can be snoozed. One option I guess is to upgrade TD, pay the $35/yr, but I'm not clear on the likely future of GTD/SODA, or its timing.
enigment

• enigment
I'm new to the Android Tooddledo app, trying it after DGT DTG (which I loved) failed to save several weeks worth of changes in Toodledo, so I lost them when my phone died.

When I edit a task in the Android app, I'm seeing the following problems with the due date:
- The date change shows when I edit the tasks, but it doesn't change in the list, in the same app, on the same device
- The date change isn't visible on the web site either, after syncing Android and refreshing the page

This is such basic and important functionality, I can't believe it's actually broken, I must be doing something wrong.

Is there actually no Save button in the task edit screen? Just click back?

Any other ideas?

Thanks.