ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by jcandito"
jcandito

Posted Feb 01, 2009 in: How are you using Folders?
Score: 1
  • jcandito
  • Posted: Feb 01, 2009
  • Score: 1
I try not to pigeonhole myself with A,B, or C priorities, but I "funnel" my next actions through a series of "time batches". If there is something that has to be done on a specific day or time, I put it in my calender. But for all other actions, I put them in a folder marked "This Month" This Week" "Tomorrow" or "Today". These are "flexible" priority folders that I try to push my actions through.

On any one day, I work out of the "Today" folder (and within contexts of @Office @Home @Computer @Calls, etc). I also review "Tomorrow Folder" if I complete everything in my "Today" folder to see if I can do anything there. I will transfer, if need be, actions from any folder to the "Today" folder if the priority changes. An action does NOT have to go through every folder. Thank would create too much drag for me. But I limit myself to doings from the today folder. Of course if somehtin is in one of the other folders when I discovery it HAS to be done today, I transfer it to the Today folder. LOL.

So far this has worked best for me. I cannot just work off contexts without some sense of priority and I don't want to break promises to myself by coding actions as 1, 2, 3 or A, B, C, in importance. The time batched folders give me enough flexibility to re-negotiate action in the other folders. It ALSO gives me the flexibility to work off the the contexts as well.

I use the unassigned actions as my 'Inbox" for processing. I usually email those to Toodledo. I do not us Toodledo as my collection bucket. I use the notebook function of Upvise as my collection tool. I installed it (it is free) in my Nokia E61 and assigned a shortcut to it. I collect to the notebook and it automatically syncs with the online account. Then I process the stuff to Toodledo. Works Great. http://www.upvise.com/

My folders on Toodledo are:

Today
Tomorrow
This Week
This Month (everything not in the above goes here)
Someday Maybe
Waiting For

My contexts are:

@Home
@Office
@Computer
@Calls
@Travel