ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by charles.cave"
charles.cave

Posted Aug 01, 2021 in: Looking for sample Python code
Score: 0
As an interim solution I am using my script that parses the XML Backup file and extracts the required information.
charles.cave

Posted Jul 31, 2021 in: Looking for sample Python code
I want to write a Python script to run on Windows to access my ToodleDo account then extract Task information to drive some simple reporting and give an overview of my workload.

Does anyone have any code that could help me?

Thank you,
Charles
charles.cave

Score: 2
Long notes do not display correctly on the iPhone 11. Only part of the note is visible and cannot be scrolled

Very annoying indeed!!!!!!!!!!
charles.cave

Score: -1
Thanks Laurence. You are correct. It is a feature of a paid subscription. Considering how much I use and like ToodleDo I decided to pay for the Standard Monthly plan. The developers deserve my support. Also I can customise the Hotline option, and use Subtasks.
charles.cave

Score: -1
I used to be able to save searches when I had a paid subscription but that expired and I forgot to pay.
Now I do not see a way of saving a new search. I can still see my saved searches created a few years ago

Does the free version of ToodleDo not allow saving a search with a name?

Thanks
Charles
charles.cave

I wrote a blog article about how I use the iOS app. I hope you find it interesting.

https://charuzu.wordpress.com/2015/02/19/toodledo/

Charles
charles.cave

Score: 1
I have set up a repeating task for every Saturday to back up my ToodleDo account. I use the back up files (which are XML) as input to some Python scripts for additonal reporting.
charles.cave

Jake,

Thank you for the clarification. I will build a look up table based on the task titles which have a non-empty <repeat> tag.

Charles
charles.cave

I have written a Python script to read the ToodleDo backup XML file, and create some statistics on my productivity.

My question is how can I find the active repeating task which is associated with the completed tasks? For example, I have a task that repeats daily "Do workout on rowing machine". When I complete the task, a new task id is created with the date completed information.

Examining the XML file I can't see how this completed task can be linked to the active task which generated it. How does the "chain" method work with goals? How do you connect these tasks?

Thanks
Charles
charles.cave

Posted Aug 29, 2013 in: iOS App Version 3.1 - Saved Search
Adding tasks works for me - IPhone 5.
charles.cave

Jake - thank you for the clarification.
charles.cave

I was hoping that that the date added, date modified and date completed Unix timestamp fields in Tasks would include the time - at least to the hour and minute resolution.

Would it be possible to do this?

The API documentation says "added : A GMT unix timestamp for when the task was added. Toodledo does not track the time that a task was added, so tasks will always appear to be added at noon."

Why doesnt Toodledo track the time?

Thanks
Charles
charles.cave

Posted Jun 05, 2013 in: New Section: Outlines
Score: 6
This is a great feature! Will you be adding the outlines to the iPhone app? It would be great to view/edit/create outlines on the iPhone.
charles.cave

Posted May 16, 2013 in: CVS export - Missing data
Score: 1
clason - there is a tag in the tasks section of the XML: date_added. This is the field you want.

I have written a Python script to read the XML backup file and export the task information. Let me know if you would like a copy of this script.
charles.cave

Thanks! I should be able to easily convert using the Python
datetime module:

import datetime
print(datetime.datetime.fromtimestamp(int("1284101485")).strftime('%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S'))
charles.cave

Hello,

I would like to parse the Backup XML to produce some special reports, but I don't know how the dates can be decoded.

For example:
<export_date>1366696711</export_date>
<duedate>1366632000</duedate>

How can I convert this number into YY, MM, DD and possibly HH and MM if I have enabled using times?

Thanks,
Charles