Pinky

Posted Dec 01, 2011 in: How to display "Folders" as tabs
Score: 0
  • Pinky
  • Posted: Dec 01, 2011
  • Score: 0
Posted by PeterW:
Posted by Pinky:
So, then how and when do Tabs show up accross the top? If they are not Folders, then what would they be? I am try to set up TD as a GTD system with Folders for Projects, Waiting For, Actions etc..

You've probably seen images and read details in older posts about how Toodledo used to look. The design up until the middle of this year had tabs across the top for each of the views.

The current website design removed the tabs from the top and put them on the left hand side, where they appear now more like navigation bar selections.

No functionality has been removed, it's just that the interface was redesigned.

Thanks PeterW!
This clarifies a lot for me. I was looking at posts and tutorials online and they DID show the tabs accross the top. This is helpful, thanks. I thought I was doing something wrong.

Note to TD: It would be great if you had a more robust Tutorial or video demos available. I think the software is very useful and powerful but challenging to get started.
thanks again.
Pinky

Posted Nov 29, 2011 in: How to display "Folders" as tabs
  • Pinky
  • Posted: Nov 29, 2011
Thanks for your reply. So, then how and when do Tabs show up accross the top? If they are not Folders, then what would they be? I am try to set up TD as a GTD system with Folders for Projects, Waiting For, Actions etc..

I've read many forum posts but am still not clear how to do this.

Thannks again!

This message was edited Nov 29, 2011.
Pinky

Posted Nov 29, 2011 in: How to display "Folders" as tabs
  • Pinky
  • Posted: Nov 29, 2011
Hi,
I'm new to Toodledo and in the past 2 days, I've been reviewing posts, youtube tutuorials etc to get setup and going. My question... How do I get the "folders" I've created to show up as Tabs across the top of the screen? I see many people asking for the left column list view but that's all I have. I've looked though the Settings and can't figure it out. The only "tabs" I have, by default, are "Tasks" and "Notebook". These display no matter which view I'm in.

Just FYI, I'm using/setting up ToodleDo to work as a GTD system for my business and personal task management.

Thanks in advance!
Laura