ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by stateoftheart"
stateoftheart

Posted Apr 18, 2020 in: What are the alternative apps
Score: 0
I looked at Nirvana for GTD but doesn't seem that flexible.
stateoftheart

Posted Apr 17, 2020 in: What are the alternative apps
Hi, I used to like toodledo a lot but in the past few years it started to fail me. I'm looking for alternative apps that support GTD on multiple platform (Android/web), synchronized but work offline too, with all the flexibility of Toodledo (defining projects, timer, tags, flexible sort and display, etc) minus the constant crash and bugs.
Most of the highly respected apps are only Todo lists and don't have good GTD support. What would you recommend or have you considered as something as toodle do used to offer?
stateoftheart

Posted Jul 07, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 2
This is exactly what I was worried about. some stupid execs with zero understanding of actual productivity (please read the quote below very carefully) complain toodledo is "ugly" on iphone because they can't change the theme. New team sweeps in to dumb-ify the app to make some extra bucks off the GTD++++ or whatever fad of the day and we are all screwed.
In other words it will be a copy of countless todo apps in market.
It's official: toodledo as we know and love is dead in less than a year.

Posted by Sam:
Posted by kcrenshaw:
My company does productivity and management training for executives (www.priacta.com).
We've featured and recommended Toodledo as our #1 productivity tool for some time.

In live screen sharing and coaching sessions. I've seen Toodledo through the eyes of clients who love and struggle with it.

I'm also a developer and business owner and understand the need for backward compatibility and profitability.
I have some very specific feedback on what clients love, what we think should improve, and how to make more money from it with little effort.

We love and recommend Toodledo because it is highly customizable.
We configure it for TRO (a GTD++ approach, more productivity, less effort).
If that ever changes so we can't do that, we'd have to move to another tool instead. So the customization has to stay.

If you want to talk, reach out via http://kevincrenshaw.com (orange button at top or form at bottom).

In the meantime, the following are the biggest holdups for our clients:

- Ugly (non-colorful) UI on the iPhone app, no choice of themes.
Many execs would rather struggle with a more stupid but colorful app just because of the appearance!
Go figure. But true. One recent client said, "The user interface is 10 years old!"

- Shortcut keys are inadequate, lack of autocomplete.
Some clients rely heavily on keyboard shortcuts.
Some because of RSI and others for efficiency.
But lack of autocomplete and other problems make it nearly impossible to fill in task details *in a task grid* without using a mouse.
For example, clients struggle to use a keystroke-only approach to setting dates after tabbing to the field.

- And I know how you can make more money on it with almost no effort.
- And we may know how to expand it to a team workflow approach (TRO for teams) with the least effort, so you can start selling to teams like Asana does.

Kevin Crenshaw
Head Coach and Co-Founder
Priacta / Neverboss
www.priacta.com
www.neverboss.com

This is great Kevin, huge thanks. Can you email me so we can chat? [email protected]
stateoftheart

Posted Jul 07, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 1
Thanks Jake for your great product.
Hi Sam and the team. Personally, I'm very worried reading the comments as I'm happy with toodledo as is. All the signs pointing that some useless features are going to be added, my productivity is going to suffer, and yet I will be going to be asked/tricked to pay more.
An unhappy Gold Subscriber for many years
stateoftheart

Posted Jul 31, 2016 in: Seeing archived folders on Android
I'm using the android app as well as the website for organizing my tasks. I have many folders most of which are archived. This is all fine on the website as the archived ones are hidden. However in the android app, when trying to pick a folder for my new tasks I see all the folders including the archived ones which makes it very difficult to pick the correct one. Is there any way to hide the archived folders from the list of folders when creating new tasks?
Thanks