• Posted: Aug 12, 2017
  • Score: 0
Anyone have some thoughts on this?
Nerva

Score: 0
  • Nerva
  • Posted: Aug 08, 2017
Something just occurred to me as I'm sitting down to review, reorganize, and rewrite my 3-month, 1-year, 5-year, and lifetime goals... for 5-year goals (for example), do you on a yearly basis redefine your 5-year goals in terms of what you want 5 years in the future, or since goals are supposed to have set dates, does the 5-year goal become a 4-year, 3-year, 2-year goal as time passes?

I find it funny that the answer isn't obvious, given the sheer number of times and from the number of sources I've seen motivational/organizational authors talk about setting goals and how to set them, but I can't think of a single author that made it clear if you keep long-term goals long-term or keep the target dates fixed.
Nerva

• Nerva
  • Posted: Aug 22, 2014
I use roughly the GTD Horizons of Focus timeframes but don't bother with the altitude terminology -- I call them projects, 3-month goals, 1-year goals, 5-year goals, and lifetime goals.

I like to use Google Docs for writing plans for my goals but I'm curious how other people recommending organizing written goals -- should it be done with a document for each category of goal (finances, career, family) with each document covering all the timeframes, or should there be a document for each timeframe (1-year goals, etc) that covers all the categories.

I'm sure it can be done either way but I have to think one way or the other lends itself better to the task of writing cohesive plans for goals.
Nerva

• Nerva
  • Posted: Jun 20, 2014
I would like to set up the sub-tasks in a shopping list to repeat, but the replacements should not have dates.

The idea is for example, I have a parent task that is a shopping list of things I commonly buy at the supermarket, but I'm not going to buy every subtask item on the list every time I go to the supermarket. Let's say the list includes toilet paper. Occasionally I will notice I am running low on toilet paper and at that point I will assign a start date (I use start dates, not due dates) for what day I should go to the supermarket and buy toilet paper. Once I've bought the toilet paper, I want to click the task as completed, and then have toilet paper repeat on the shopping list, but without a new start date, so that it is just waiting for me to run low again and then assign it a date at the appropriate time.
Nerva

Posted Mar 31, 2012 in: How do I reorder subtasks?
  • Nerva
  • Posted: Mar 31, 2012
I did a search and ran across posts where people said that you can reorder subtasks if you have a pro account. I do have a pro account, but I don't see how to reorder tasks. How do I do it?
Nerva

Score: 1
  • Nerva
  • Posted: Mar 31, 2012
  • Score: 1
Yes, I use it to display Google Calendar appointments, but the actual sync is done via my Google account the same as Gmail -- PI accesses the local data. PI is one of only five icons on my Android home screen -- I use PI for both calendar and tasks functions.

I particularly like the "target" view (the one that's to the right of day/week/month/agenda and to the left of the task list), since I have set it up to show today's appointments and all the tasks that have start dates today or earlier, sorted by priority and start date -- everything I need to be concerned with today is right there.

I also like the user interface of PI -- it is both easy to read and I can quickly move tasks to future dates, change priorities, or check them off done. It's actually a lot easier for me to manage my day in PI than on the Toodledo and Google Calendar webpages. I use Toodledo's website for planning out projects and other large-scale management, but PI on my Epic 4G is what I depend on hour-to-hour.
Nerva

• Nerva
  • Posted: Mar 28, 2012
I use Pocket Informant because it has integrated calendar and tasks -- which seems obvious to me and was on the Palm Pilot, but is for some reason hard to find with Android apps.
Nerva

Posted Mar 28, 2012 in: Toodledo "Account" support on Android
  • Nerva
  • Posted: Mar 28, 2012
Android has an "accounts" feature for scheduling syncing of Google services, but also third parties like Exchange and Facebook. It seems to me that a Toodledo "account" would be helpful, both for keeping it synced on the device and for providing the data for PIM applications to use, the way they currently work with Google Calendar and Google Tasks.