ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by JoAnne Burek"
JoAnne Burek

Score: 0
1. Why are you using Toodledo instead of other products?
I can’t remember how I discovered Toodledo, but I’ve been using it for years. It’s flexible and it works on all platforms and my mix of systems—iPhone, Windows laptop and Surface Pro. For me, the only other alternative I would consider is a paper journal.

2. What benefits have you found with Toodledo and how has it impacted your productivity?
When I worked in my corporate job, I started building my GTD system. I kept my work tasks on the corporate system and I used Toodledo to manage my personal life. When I left that job three years ago I moved my whole life onto Toodledo.

Today I work freelance for several clients, I’m on the board of two organizations, and my life is fuller and richer than ever with hobbies, volunteering, travel, and fun. Toodledo helps me keep my commitments and determine at a glance what I can say yes to.

3. What are your favorite features?
There are many features I could call my favourites. One of them is the calendar. Any task I put on Toodledo with a due date and time shows up on my iPhone’s calendar. Even the alarm carries through.

Another is the ability to forward my emails to Toodledo and automatically turn them into tasks.

And since I recently upgraded my subscription from free to Gold, I can group tasks under higher-level tasks to organize projects.

4. What's your typical Toodledo use case?
I have found it very easy to bake my GTD system into Toodledo by putting contexts to my tasks. For instance, before I head out on foot or in my car, I check my contexts “Errands-walking” or “Errands-driving” to see what tasks I can knock off while I’m out.

And when I sit down to do my weekly review, it’s convenient having all my tasks in front of me while I review my goals and ensure that I’m not neglecting something important.

JoAnne Burek
Copywriter and owner at Wordbeats.com
Indexer and owner at jburekindexing.com
Toodledo user since 2012

Sam, I'd be happy to send you a photo if you tell me where to send it to.

This message was edited Aug 14, 2018.