ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by BJones_3"
BJones_3

Posted Feb 17, 2012 in: Completed task date is off by a day
Score: 0
  • BJones_3
  • Posted: Feb 17, 2012
  • Score: 0
I just noticed that a couple of my tasks that I checked off yesterday are showing today's completion date. Why would this happen? If I check them off at night, does it round up to the next day or something?

Thanks,

Brian
BJones_3

Posted Feb 16, 2012 in: Change Completed Date?
  • BJones_3
  • Posted: Feb 16, 2012
Great news! I found a way to change the completed date for tasks, if you also use TD with an Android phone (If you don't use Android and still want to be able to change the completed date then feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected]. I've been developing a separate utility program that can change the completed date. It's still under development, but if there's enough interest then I'll try to push through it faster). The "DGT GTD" android app allows you to change the completed date by going into the task detail screen > Menu > Task info. Also, if this is the only change that you're making, then some other detail (i.e. note, etc) needs to by modified in order for it to sync with TD.

It's a great app and the developer has been very responsive.

Here's the link to the app:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dg.gtd.android.lite&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyL DEsImNvbS5kZy5ndGQuYW5kcm9pZC5saXRlIl0.

Also be sure to install the TD extension for the app:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dg.gtd.toodledo.demo&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwx LDEsImNvbS5kZy5ndGQudG9vZGxlZG8uZGVtbyJd

Enjoy,

Brian
BJones_3

Posted Feb 15, 2012 in: Understanding "Status" usage options
  • BJones_3
  • Posted: Feb 15, 2012
Salgud, thanks for the great explanation. I think I might defer the usage of Status until down the road. Without the ability to associate various task dependencies, I don't see a convenient way to use the Status feature.

Brian
BJones_3

• BJones_3
Thanks for the quick response.

I still need some further explanation on the suggested usage of "Next Action" vs "Active" vs "Planning". Maybe an example would help.

Thanks,

Brian
BJones_3

• BJones_3
I know that this might sound like I'm a little behind the curve on this subject, but can someone help me understand how the current "Status" options are supposed to work? In particular, "Next Action", "Active", and "Planning". Maybe it's obvious to some, but I'm new to TD and so I'm still trying to figure out the best ways to use the available features, and then "Status" descriptions given in the "Help" section are still not very clear to me.

Thanks,
Brian
BJones_3

Posted Feb 15, 2012 in: Task Dependency Status
  • BJones_3
Sorry, redundant post. Won't do again.

This message was edited Feb 15, 2012.
BJones_3

• BJones_3
  • Posted: Feb 14, 2012
Posted by Toodledo:
Multiple levels of subtasks is something that is on our to-do list, but it is unlikely that we will do this soon. We are still trying to work out usability issues with 1 level of subtask, and we have not figured out a way to do multiple levels of subtasks without adding tremendous complexity to the website. We don't want to add this feature unless we can do it right, and we don't know how to do it right yet.

We may get a flash of insight, but right now it is likely that this will sit on our to-do list while we do other things that we know how to do. I am sorry to those of you who are disappointed by this news.

I'm also a developer and don't see why this feature would be more complicated then implementing a recursive linked-list. Have you already explored this approach?