Search results for "Posted by Garfield"
Garfield

Posted Aug 05, 2009 in: Notebook features
Score: 0
  • Garfield
  • Posted: Aug 05, 2009
  • Score: 0
Posted by coco:
And, the notebook should permit easier rich text editing.

I gotta second this - I resorted to using Typinator to get some list action in Notebook because typing <li></li> over and over becamse quite awful. Is there any way to implement buttons with levels for the lists - take Gmail for example?
Garfield

Posted Aug 04, 2009 in: Redesign of Toodledo
  • Garfield
  • Posted: Aug 04, 2009
If the design is something holding you back from using Toodledo to it's maximum capability, I'd highly suggest checking out my Toodlethings User Style I just created. /end self-promotion

Anyways, Toodledo is the productivity system you want it to be and that's why I find it to be a great solution for me. The design is just a tiny roadblock in the productivity you gain from it.
Garfield

Posted Aug 01, 2009 in: Toodlethings User Style
Score: 1
  • Garfield
  • Posted: Aug 01, 2009
  • Score: 1
Hi - I'm sharing with you guys my first attempt at styling / scripting called Toodlethings. It was originally implemented by nonimage as Toodledo Things Style. One weekend I just started playing with it in Firebug. That weekend turned into a lot of hours and now I think it's ready to be released. I've been the only one testing it so be warned, there will be bugs.

Preview Image

I don't have a Pro account so not a lot (if any) testing has gone into pro features (I really should get one...). It should all work out though.

If you find anything you'd like to change, feel free to alter it to your own - I recommend using Firebug. If you improve upon it and would like to share please let me know, my e-mail is in the file. If you find a bug, posting in this thread will do but in order to keep track of things try filing it on the userscripts page.

I hope all of you guys enjoy it.

Toodlethings

This message was edited Aug 01, 2009.
Garfield

Posted Jul 20, 2009 in: Toodledo Suggestions
  • Garfield
  • Posted: Jul 20, 2009
Instead of removing sidebar links, you can minimize the sidebar and remember some basic URLs instead. Such as -

http://www.toodledo.com/calendar.php
http://www.toodledo.com/goals.php
http://www.toodledo.com/notebook.php

See where I'm going with this? Minimizing the sidebar makes the website much more minimal. Although, this may not work for all sidebar links (ie History) but that's what bookmarks are for. I have simple things like "tadd" takes me to a window at http://www.toodledo.com/slim/#_add or "tnote" takes me to the Notebook link, etc. This is with Firefox keywords by the way but a similar way to use this with Safari can be made with GlimmerBlocker (http://glimmerblocker.org/).

Hope that helps.
Garfield

Posted Jul 19, 2009 in: Drop Down Menu for Tags?
  • Garfield
  • Posted: Jul 19, 2009
Thanks Anders for providing those links. I do apologize for not having done a search before creating a topic and will remember to do so in the future.

Also, in the future it might be helpful when posting links to other users to take out the "s" in "https" for users that don't have the secure connection enabled.

This message was edited Jul 19, 2009.
Garfield

Posted Jul 19, 2009 in: Drop Down Menu for Tags?
  • Garfield
  • Posted: Jul 19, 2009
I love the service you guys have going on and really appreciate everything you provide for users.

I was hoping it might be possible in the forseeable future that the Tag field would have a dropdown menu of previously used tags instead of a box that lets you enter in anything whether pre-existing or brand new. I understand this might be hard to implement for using multiple tags but it would really help me out

The reason being is its easier to add reference tags that correspond to that field instead of trying to remember them offhand. Also, I use Emoji for Tags with Appigo's ToDo and the only way for me to add tags that sync with the app without having to go into it to correct anything.

Again, thank you so much for the great service and I hope to hear from you soon.
Garfield

• Garfield
  • Posted: Jul 16, 2009
Hey Anders, sorry if this is a little me, me, over here! but what do you think of the points that I brought up? Are you having any similar issues?

Edit: I would also LOVE to see the "Couldn't connect to Toodledo.com Do you have an internet connection?" notification have an option to be disabled. Having to tap it every single time I turn my iPod Touch back on is extremely aggravating.

This message was edited Jul 16, 2009.
Garfield

• Garfield
  • Posted: Jul 16, 2009
I've noticed that the Toodledo iPhone app is a little laggy on scrolling. It seems to have some redraw issues and is very "janky" when going up and down among fields.

Will this be improved over time? Is anyone else getting similar symptoms?

Also - are alarms that are going to be "At Due Time" planned? Even if it's +/- 5 minutes (due to lag of Push server or that is the minimum time allowed) then that's fine, but planning my due times for the 15 minutes alarm is getting a little annoying.

I believe for the "Add/Read Note" edit issue people are talking about - it should work as if it's the "Add Note" button showing then there should be no step of "Add Note -> Edit" to bring up the keyboard. Tapping "Add Note" should straight bring up the keyboard on a note space. "Read Note" should work as is, however.

My only other issue is how subtasks are created / organized on the app. It's a little cumbersome with how many taps there are and how Subtasks are viewed. If they could be slightly indented 1-2 spaces from the left then it would greatly improve things.

Those are my only gripes at the moment, hope some of those changes are planned!
Garfield

Posted Jul 10, 2009 in: Toodledo's iPhone app has been updated.
  • Garfield
  • Posted: Jul 10, 2009
Just to followup to Rory, if you're in the Tags view and create a new task in a certain tag then the Tag field will be filled with that previous view. Very helpful and I really like it - now for multiple tags it would be butter.
Garfield

Posted Jul 10, 2009 in: How do you use Toodledo?
  • Garfield
I haven't found a topic on this yet I love reading about how other people use their task managers so I thought I would start one off.

I'm not a GTD fanatic, I've never read David Allen's book (yet am constantly hearing about it) and really like to do things my own way. Thank jeebus for Toodledo because otherwise I'm entering contexts, projects, and start times that I just don't need.

Since using the Toodledo iPhone application I've found that I really don't work in contexts and I actually don't have to. I work in schedules. For instance, if I have something set at a certain due time, I will start it at that due time. I usually don't know how long some tasks might take and I don't know how long I'll be working on them, but I do know when I should start the next task. Instead of start times, I just say when starting the next task is due. Now that I've typed that out, it doesn't make much sense...might be time to reconsider my workflow!

I use Tags for things like Wish List, Errands, etc. It helps when I just need a list of things to check off in certain situations, other than using the context to see "if I'm in this area, then I should do this".

My projects are the top-tier task of a chain of subtasks. For instance, if I need to implement the building blocks of a website, I have a bunch of subtasks that allow me to do that and then I check off the top task once everything is completed (kinda a no-brainer).

I'm starting to get into the Goals / Chaining system - I think it's a very good thing to help keep anyone motivated.

How do you work? I'm actually very interested!
Garfield

Posted Jul 10, 2009 in: Client for the Palm Pre
  • Garfield
WebTask?
Garfield

Posted Jul 10, 2009 in: Toodledo's iPhone app has been updated.
  • Garfield
Any chance that when in Tag view, we can view tasks by multiple tags and then apply a AND or OR filter to them? For instance:

View tasks by Shopping tag AND Groceries tag
View tasks by E-mail tag OR Phone Call tag

I would really appreciate this - thanks!
Garfield

Posted Jul 09, 2009 in: Toodledo's iPhone app has been updated.
  • Garfield
  • Posted: Jul 09, 2009
Is the feature of Default Alarm coming to Toodledo anytime soon? I'd really like that.
Garfield

Posted Jul 09, 2009 in: Toodledo's iPhone app has been updated.
  • Garfield
  • Posted: Jul 09, 2009
I apologize if this has been requested already, but if I could get a reply as to whether or not it has or is in the process of development I would greatly appreciate it.

I'd like to be able to view Due Times when viewing in Due Date mode for Overdue, Today, and Tomorrow. If I'm already in Due Date->Today field, I know it's due today yet I don't know what time it's due unless I drill into the task. This would be very helpful for me to see what the structure of my day is.

Thanks for the great application and I look forward to hearing from you!

Edit: I'd like to file a bug report as well.
● If you have "Sync on Startup" enabled and try entering a new task while the app is syncing, you will get redraw issues all over the application. Not "terrible", but very obvious. Hope it helps.

This message was edited Jul 09, 2009.