ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by tony-sutton"
tony-sutton

Posted Jul 23, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 1
Hi Sam,

Welcome on-board.

Two things I value about the current version of Toodledo that I'd like to see retained:
- Flexibility: Users are not forced to use all features. By switching features on / off the user-experience is tailored to be as simple or complex as desired. As I've become more familiar with the tool, I've switched on and used more functionality. One App I used previously got ever more complex to the point it became no longer useful to me (the tool got in the way), which is what prompted my move to Toodledo several years back.
- Reliability: This is a tool that I use on a daily basis and thus I cannot afford downtime. I therefore greatly appreciate how Toodledo works flawlessly with minimal fuss, particularly syncing. This has not always been the case with other Apps I've used.

I use Toodledo as part of my Getting Things Done (GTD) system. I find Toodledo to be a pretty good fit, but some aspects are a little clunky and so I need to use workarounds. Two such things I'd like to see improved are:
- Projects: I find the existing system of actions and sub-actions clunky, particularly on the mobile App. I use the "Folder" functionality to represent GTD "Areas of Focus", so it would be good if the same approach could be used to support a GTD "Project List" (i.e. be able to sort actions and sub-actions by "Project" as well as by "Folder").
- Goals: It would be good if the terminology could be aligned with GTD, or even better, if field terminology overall could be user-edited so that each user could set it up how they preferred.

Many Thanks,

Tony