ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by andy_1339337623"
andy_1339337623

Posted Oct 18, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 1
Posted by Brian12:
$20 to $60/yr is an insane increase and completely unacceptable. Too bad I just renewed. I guess I have one year to find an alternative because I will most certainly not pay this much money for a task list. Super disappointing.

To be fair, Toodledo is much more than a task list. That said, yes it's a big increase. I am also unlikely to renew because I don't actually use the product much, and $60 is not worth it.

There is one caveat however. The reason I don't use it much is that it's not pleasant to use. There's just a chance that it will become so enjoyable to use that I will switch back to it, in which case, who knows? $60 might seem like a snip!

I can understand your irritation. I felt the same way this morning, when i saw the email. But once I'd calmed down I thought well OK, I'm paid up for another 174 days. I might as well wait and see what they come up with in that period. Currently the plan is not to renew but let's see.

You're in a very good position. As you've just renewed at the current price, you'll have a full year in which to start get the benefits of the improved product at the lower cost. Those who are due to renew just after the price increase are the unfortunate ones.

Count your blessings!

This message was edited Oct 18, 2018.
andy_1339337623

Posted Oct 15, 2018 in: New Homepage - feedback welcomed!
Score: 1
Posted by GSP1963:
Hi, Sam and the rest of the team!

I'm a little late to this board (summer vacation was a bit of a factor), but I thought I'd weigh in with my two cents.

I think what you guys have done looks very good. If I were to give it a letter grade, it would be a solid B+, which is a significant improvement from where Toodledo's homepage was at.

The main suggestion I'd offer would be to swap out one or more of the images of the bearded man for an image of, say, a woman of color. There's nothing wrong with the pink-complected bearded man, but representing all users by this one image may be conveying a mindset you don't want to convey. Not a biggie, but adding a woman who looks vaguely either Indian or African-American would take this B+ effort up to an A.

Best regards, and keep up the good work!

This sort of nonsense drives me nuts. The Identity Politics juggernaut will rumble on, seemingly unopposed, until we are all beaten into a pulp of mediocrity and uniformity, too scared to speak in case we betray our humanity. It’s the new Stalinism. George Orwell was so prescient.

PS I still like Toodledo very much.
andy_1339337623

Posted Oct 01, 2018 in: Toodledo Update: September 2018
Score: 3
I've had a premium 'Gold' Toodledo subscription licence for several years and keep on paying up every year, yet I rarely use the system. Why do I keep renewing my licence? Because I regard Toodledo as offering the best functionality of all the task-based productivity apps, and find it hard to let go.

But why don't I use it much? Because visually, it is such a grim experience. There are people around who urge Toodledo not to modernise the interface but to focus on features. I strongly disagree, and have voiced my opinions over a long period. The functionality is fine. By all means add features that the market demands but it's the interface that needs emergency surgery. It looks and feels like something out of the 1990s. It gives me no joy whatever.

I'm sure you've done this already but do take a look at apps like 2Do, Things 3, Todoist, OmniFocus, and many more. I'm not talking about their functionality (I happen to think that Omnifocus in particular is way too complex for the needs of most users, and even 2Do manages to over-complicate simple task-based processes.) But that's not the point. I use these apps because they have modern designs that are a pleasure to use. And if they're nice to use, one does use them and becmes more organised and productive as a result.

So I'd love to hear some reassuring noises on the interface design front.

Good luck!
andy_1339337623

Posted Dec 13, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
Score: 2
Posted by targheauto:
I agree with jbgoode when he suggest to rebrand under another name ... I never liked Toodledo.

+1

I can't stand the name, and I hate the fact that I can't hide or replace the logo. I got fed up with people at working chuckling at it, so I pretty much stopped using it.

It's an excellent program in so many ways, but you've struggled to get the basics right, like making it attractive and pleasant to use. It's been incredibly frustrating to read Jake's dismissive comments about suggestions for modernising the Toodledo interface in the past.

By the way, am I the only one confused by Bridget's remit? I think of interface design as being a quite distinct thing -- yet much of the discussion here has been about suggesting new features. I'm actually quite happy with the funcitonality -- I would just like it to be more pleasant to use. Just look at something like OmniFocus to see what a difference this makes.

And please -- if you won't re-brand, then please give paying subscribers hide the ToodleDo name. It's not appropriate for the target audience.