ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by panel"
panel

Score: 0
  • panel
  • Posted: Jul 01, 2013
  • Score: 0
Hello

'Recently completed' is great feature, but sometimes I want to check what I did today , this week, previous week or this/previous month.

I could use search feature but each time I have to specify date ant this feels like bad way ;/

It would be nice to have another view - view "Completed" with subcategories like "Today", "This Week", "Previous Week", "This Month", "Previous Month"
panel

• panel
  • Posted: Jan 03, 2013
for all tasks added in calendar view:
1. when day is selected set dueDate for current selected day
2. when week is selected set startDate and dueDate
panel

• panel
  • Posted: Jan 03, 2013
Posted by Salgud:
Have you tried using Saved Searches? They should solve your problem.Some of us rarely go outside the Saved Searches views.

What exactly do you mean by saved searches? I am saving search, selecting it, and when I open another view ex. calendar it's not working within 'search context'

Posted by Jake:
Try using contexts and then using the context filter. This is the way we recommend.

This is not an option for me at the moment because now I am using Brayans tracy ABCDE method (from the book Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time) and it's not quite compatible with toodledo, so I have to use kind of a hack - I use context as first priority (ABCDE) and priority field as secound.
At this time it's seems as the best solution although It would be nice to be able define custom fields and predefine values for the field

More about ABCDE
“A” stands for “very important;” something you must do. There can be serious negative consequences if you don’t do it.
“B” stands for “important;” something you should do. This is not as important as your ‘A’ tasks. There are only minor negative consequences if it is not completed.
“C” stands for things that are “nice to do;” but which are not as important as ‘A’ or ‘B,’ tasks. There are no negative consequences for not completing it.
“D” stands for “delegate.” You can assign this task to someone else who can do the job instead of you.
“E” stands for “eliminate, whenever possible.” You should eliminate every single activity you possibly can, to free up your time.
panel

• panel
  • Posted: Jan 02, 2013
Common example is Live and Work separation.
I am talking about 'total split' so when I am at work I don't see live tasks and when i am at home I don't see work tasks.

Now you can create contexts or folders, but this limits the usage of other predefined views ex.
I could use folders, but this is poor choice because when I leave Folder view I still see all my tasks, so if I want to have total separations I must stop using other useful views like stared, hotlist etc.

As I see it at least two solutions are possible:
First is to allow to create more than one workspace per user
Second is more advanced and in my option better - allow to define 'filters' to display only task from predefined collection (Filter is kind of 'permanent search'). ex. user enables filter which allow to see only tasks from 'work' folder and this filter applies to all views, so I can use all toodledo features, but I am working only on selected collection of tasks instead of all tasks.
Redmine has similar feature and I must say it works very well.
panel

Posted Jan 02, 2013 in: Allow to display this
  • panel
  • Posted: Jan 02, 2013
WOW, thx a lot :)
panel

Posted Dec 29, 2012 in: Allow to display this
  • panel
  • Posted: Dec 29, 2012
Since you know (from settings) when the week starts it would be nice to be able to create search query witch would display tasks for current week
panel

Posted Dec 29, 2012 in: Not possible to change notes coumn
  • panel
It's not possible to change width or order of notes column.
panel

Posted Dec 29, 2012 in: Life and Work task total split
  • panel
Hello

It's rather common practice to split tasks for love/work so I wonder what is the best way to do this?
I am talking about 'total split' so when I am at work I don't see live tasks and when i am at home I don't see work tasks.

I tried few aproaches but none of them seems to work. ex.
I could use folders, but this is poor choce becouse when I leave Folder view I still see all my tasks, so if I want to have total separations I must stop using other usefull views like stared, hotlist etc.

Separation at workspace level seem like good idea, so I would have Work and Live workspaces, but as i see it's not possible ;/

This message was edited Dec 29, 2012.