ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by akorvemaker"
akorvemaker

Score: 1
How was the task added? On the web version of Toodledo, if I click the little action drop-down for the task, it tells me how the task was added (e.g. website, email, etc.). Like this:
https://user.fm/files/v2-f965d30d2e0b13a7d0d97e97fafa9735/toodledo.png

My first guess is that it may have been added by email, which means that someone has (or randomly guessed) the address for emailing things to your task list. This address is controlled in the Email Access section of the Tools page (in your Account menu in the upper right).

That's one possibility.

Andy
akorvemaker

Score: 3
I'm disgusted and severely disappointed by the price hike.

At $20/year, it was an excellent product for the price (and it was only $15 only 2 years ago...).

At $60/year, for the exact same features, it's just not. My first thought was, "WTF?! They can't be serious!" It almost felt like it had to be a (poorly executed) April Fools joke.

$5/month should not be the default minimum price for every service.

I've loved Toodledo for years. I'm really disappointed, but I'm not staying at that price point. I guess I have to look at alternatives. And I'm sad, because I really liked Toodledo.
akorvemaker

Posted Oct 04, 2018 in: Toodledo Feature Requests Update
Score: 0
I get the bad gateway issue too.

If I follow your link, it goes to the non-secure site.
When I click login, it logs me in and then redirects to the secure (https) version of the site, which responds with the 502 Bad Gateway error.

So it's possibly something related to the switch to SSL?

(I hope that helps.)

And thanks for setting this up! I think it's a great addition.

Andy
akorvemaker

Posted Jan 03, 2018 in: Calendar and Kanban Card View
I haven't it, but I use Zapier, Trello, and Toodledo. It should be fairly easy to set things up one-way (e.g. create an item in Trello, have it automatically appear in Toodleo, or vice versa), but updates to one wouldn't transfer to the other, so you'd probably need to check things off twice. As long as you pick one of the two (Toodledo or Trello) to be your main space, and the other as just another view of it, it should be fine.

I don't like the idea of that duplication of effort, so I've never tried.
akorvemaker

OK Google support could be really handy if it's easily possible. I would use that.

If it doesn't clutter the settings interface, I'd like the ability to turn off Toodledo options that I don't use. I don't use Due Time (ever), but it still appears in the little drop down when creating tasks. It's mildly distracting.

That's all I can think of. I just find it a really useful little app.
akorvemaker

I've been using ToodleTask for years. It's always been simple and awesome.

This new version is even better. Thanks!
akorvemaker

Posted by hlascelles:
Harry Lascelles here - that is indeed exactly what you are looking for. Great to hear you use it Ben... Kordi, you can find it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.toodletask&hl=en

I haven't updated it in a while, but it still works with ToodleDo and I still use it daily. If you wanted one change what would it be? I've been looking at adding features to it.

Hi Harry. A couple things I would appreciate:
1. Adding Start Date, just like Due Date is in the settings. I use Start Dates a lot, but rarely Due Dates.
2. Easier access to the settings. In the current Android way of doing things, it's awkwardly buried.
3. Keep it small and fast and awesome, like it is.

Andy
akorvemaker

Posted Mar 07, 2017 in: The New Tasks Section
Refreshing (pressing F5, Chrome on Win10) still doesn't seem to make it show up in NEW. Refreshing does seem to fix things that weren't appearing in the OLD interface, but not NEW.

And yes, both old and new interfaces are open in the same browser. That's probably contributing to the confusion.

And I forgot to add: Fantastic work. It looks great!

Andy
akorvemaker

Posted Mar 07, 2017 in: The New Tasks Section
Changes don't seem to be really synchronizing between the old and new interfaces.

If I add an event in the NEW interface and refresh the OLD interface (by pressing F5), it appears.

If I add an event in the OLD interface and refresh the NEW interface, it doesn't.

Checking off an event in the OLD interface still leaves it in the NEW. Checking it off in NEW removes it properly from OLD.

(I think that's accurate to what I'm experiencing.)
akorvemaker

Posted Nov 24, 2015 in: Tasks Redesign (part 5)
Score: 3
Overall I have been very pleased with the redesign and with the process. Thank you! You're doing good work.

The only time I found that one of the changes was actually disruptive (as opposed to "different but I'll get used to it") was when the Add Task button was moved to the right side, but you quickly changed that in response to feedback.

I felt that the gradual process, with each step explained, worked very well for these changes.
akorvemaker

Posted Feb 22, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
For checkbox tasks, there are options to view This Week, Last Week, and The Week Before Last. I'd find "Last 7 Days" more useful. Often I'm updating and checking off habits for the previous day. On Sundays especially it would be more helpful for me to be able to set "Last 7 Days" as the default view.
akorvemaker

Posted Aug 12, 2014 in: Error: Failed to authenticate
Alrighty. Thanks! I eventually got it working.

(Tried a new app password, then tried clearing data for the app, then tried uninstalling and reinstalling, then created another new app password, then tried one final time after changing the keyboard I was using to input the password. I have no idea why it suddenly stopped working, but at least it's working now. I thought I was more competent than that, but apparently I'm having issues today.)
akorvemaker

Posted Aug 11, 2014 in: Error: Failed to authenticate
I've just recently started getting an error using ToodleTask on Android. It was working fine, and recently stopped working. As far as I'm aware, I haven't changed anything.

I have 2-factor authentication enabled, and an application-specific password created. I'm pretty sure I used it on July 30th. That may have been the last time it worked successfully.

Has something changed at Toodledo that would cause this error? Any ideas? Or should I try recreating another app-specific password for it?

Thanks!

Andy
akorvemaker

Posted Jul 12, 2013 in: Integration with Evernote Reminders?
Score: 2
It would be really neat if Toodledo could somehow integrate with the new Evernote Reminders.

I'm picturing this: Create a note in Evernote, set a Reminder for it, and it automatically becomes a task in Toodledo.

I assume the Evernote title would become the name of the task. It could probably use the same folders (Evernote Notebooks = Toodledo Folders) and tags in both. Perhaps the content of the note in Evernote would become the note in Toodledo, or maybe just a link to the Evernote note. The reminder date would be the due date for the note.

I think it would be a really fantastic integration, if possible.

(Disclaimer: The idea was spurred on by http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3NHMThxUAg)

This message was edited Jul 12, 2013.
akorvemaker

Posted Apr 25, 2013 in: IFTTT and completed tasks
Posted by jokerjim:
... one of the things that I have seen someone mention doing with another To-Do app/service was to have all newly completed items stored into a daily log entry in EN so that you have a log of all that you accomplished on each day.

... the second option would be to utilize some sort of RSS feed that lists completed tasks only. I saw the RSS capabilities of TD, but did not see a way feed for completed items.

I would love that (or similar) functionality as well. If an RSS feed of completed tasks existed (possibly able to be filtered by context, etc.), I could use something like IFTTT or Blogtrottr to archive it.

I've been using the Journal feature in Backpack (from 37signals) for this sort of thing, but it's being slowly discontinued and I'd love to have a replacement. I can't find anything that works simply and easily.