ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by nutbut"
nutbut

Score: 0
  • nutbut
  • Posted: Aug 24, 2012
  • Score: 0
Thanks for the replies.

Admin: I don't mean to be argumentative, but it really doesn't seem that complex to me. It's basically a less-complex version of subtasks.

JPR: I suppose my request might sound a bit goofy if you suppose that the running/weightlifting dichotomy is the only set of tasks I want the functionality for. The exercise task was one example; my full set of long-term goals includes about five such sets of tasks and subtasks, the rest of which require more than three entries each.

cj: That setup looks promising, and I will try it out. Thank you for the suggestion.

Even if cj's setup does work for me, I'm not too dismayed to hear that the exact functionality is not present in Toodledo. It's not really vital to my personal system, it just would've been a nice shortcut.

Thanks again for the responses.
nutbut

Score: 0
  • nutbut
  • Posted: Aug 23, 2012
  • Score: 0
This is want to do. It's pretty simple, but I haven't found a way:

I want to exercise six days out of the week. I want at least two of those days to be running, and at least two to be weightlifting. The other two days can be running, weightlifting, or something else.

So I create a once-every-three-days task for running, a once-every-three-days task for weightlifting, and a every-day-but-Sunday task for exercising. The behavior I want is that every time I check off either the running or weightlifting tasks, the exercise task is automatically checked off as well; and I also want to be able to check off the exercise task by itself, without checking off the other tasks, in case I do something else which I consider exercising, like maybe playing soccer.

One might think of it as having subtasks that work in reverse. Or as one subtask having multiple supertasks.

Does this functionality exist currently? If not, is it likely to exist in the near future?