ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by plainclothes"
plainclothes

Posted Sep 01, 2010 in: is the Twitter connection down?
Score: 0
thanks for the update.

I thought I was crazy when I didn't see any other posts here. am I the only one relying on Twitter? I'm actually using Ubiquity.
plainclothes

Posted Sep 01, 2010 in: is the Twitter connection down?
tasks I've added over the last couple of days aren't showing. caught me off guard this morning when I realized I was behind!

anyone else seeing this?
plainclothes

Posted Dec 12, 2008 in: feature: event notes in email reminder
the reminder emails are only half useful in their current form. without the notes, I have to click through to see the full info. it seems kind of redundant since you're bothering to send the email in the first place. it would also serve as a sort of backup, should the service (or my connection) be down at the time you really need to get to your info.

as someone has already mentioned elsewhere, tags would be great too. in fact, just about all of the event parameters would be helpful. if the messages were designed in such a way that the information was uncluttered, there's no reason not to include context, folder, status, etc.

so I don't sound like I'm nitpicking, I should mention how much I'm enjoying Toodledo! I didn't think anything could fill Sandy's shoes, but I'm really starting to warm up to this as a replacement.
plainclothes

thanks for the clarification! for now, I'm doing my own 'hotlist' by marking all such items as 'active' and watching that category.
plainclothes

a few of my deferred items have very old due dates on them, simply because I'd like to know their original schedule at a glance. I suppose this is bad form in the GTD way of thinking, but it works for me. since I've marked them as deferred in one way or another, I would think they would automatically fall off the Hotlist.

am I crazy? should I just start putting those old dates in the notes?
plainclothes

Posted Dec 10, 2008 in: FF sidebar default start page
the ability to set a default start page is a great option, but it's incomplete as far as I can tell. it allows me to select an item one step down in the hierarchy, but no further. this means I still have to click through to get to where I need to be. this isn't a huge deal the first time each morning, but it's really irritating when you get into a task and then you're left without the breadcrumbs to get back.

even if just the built-in items were available (such as 'due-date > today' or 'status > active') it would be a big help.
plainclothes

another vote for breadcrumbs in the detailed task view -- I hate having to jump back to the top!
plainclothes

Posted Dec 05, 2008 in: How to add due-time?
> Also, there is not currently a way to set due-time
> via the special email syntax.

I'm jumping from IWantSandy right now and being able to send a quick e-mail or twitter with all the details I need is a considerably important feature for me. I can put the time in the subject, but that doesn't help much with prioritization and time-sensitive e-mail notification.

on the plus side, I love being able to edit the notes ('context' in the Sandy world). I never could understand why Sandy left it out.