ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by dg"
dg

Posted Dec 04, 2012 in: Problem with "deferred" filter
Score: 0
  • dg
  • Posted: Dec 04, 2012
  • Score: 0
Oh! I just realized that myself....sorry...senior moment!
dg

Posted Dec 04, 2012 in: Problem with "deferred" filter
  • dg
  • Posted: Dec 04, 2012
This link is a screen grab showing a portion of my task list.

As shown, I'm filtering to show only deferred tasks. Yet several tasks near the top clearly do not fall into the "deferred" category. See that "status" column near the right side of the picture.

Am I missing something or is this a problem?

This message was edited Dec 04, 2012.
dg

Score: -1
  • dg
  • Posted: Jan 08, 2012
  • Score: -1
Posted by PeterW:
Posted by Canyon Russell:
I think this thread and many others like it show the basic problem in Toodledo's decision to not support projects as a data type.

I wholeheartedly agree. This is (in my opinion) the biggest weakness in Toodledo.

+1 on this assessment. Toodledo is very flexible, but avoiding this critical GTD concept is the only reason I have left for using another product.
dg

Posted Jan 14, 2011 in: Read about our latest batch of updates
Score: -1
  • dg
  • Posted: Jan 14, 2011
  • Score: -1

Posted by Toodledo:

[...]

Bugs Fixed
1) Keyboard shortcuts will no longer trigger incorrectly on function keys.

[...]

Thank you....slow, but thank you.

(see https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/3457/-29613/read.html posted by dg on April 10, 2010)

This message was edited Jan 14, 2011.
dg

Posted Dec 30, 2010 in: Don't grab my F5 Key please !
  • dg
  • Posted: Dec 30, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
Thanks for the bug report. We are looking into this one.

The bug with Toodledo "grabbing" function keys was reported 8 months ago....see

Posted by dg on April 10, 2010:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/3457/-29613/read.html
BTW, one minor issue I have with Toodledo is related to this discussion of shortcut keys. That is, I find that Toodledo responds to the F1, F3, F10, and F11 keys in an undocumented way (at least I couldn't find any mention of it). This isn't a huge problem, but it was a surprise to me, and there's one key annoyance caused by this.

It turns out that Toodledo intercepts the F11 key - which is used by virtually all browsers to toggle Full Screen mode on/off - and does something else with it. So I cannot use the F11 key to toggle Toodledo into full screen mode.

I'm so used to using the F11 key to do this on my smallish laptop screen that I do it out of muscle memory, and am always annoyed when Toodledo intercepts the F11 key and changes the display of the page in a way I didn't want.

Could this be fixed? Thank you!
--
dg

This message was edited Dec 30, 2010.
dg

Posted Dec 30, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: 2
  • dg
  • Posted: Dec 30, 2010
  • Score: 2
Posted by earnjam:
You know what is sad? I did this in one day (with a few extra hours on subsequent days for bug fixes).

Yet despite a pretty large vocal discontent with the aesthetics of the website...there have been no big improvements.

+1....this is representative of what has caused me to look for other GTD solutions besides Toodledo. It has a lot of capability, but the authors are developing in areas I personally don't care about and not fixing issues in the areas I do care about. To each his own, but that's my $0.02.
dg

Posted Dec 16, 2010 in: Please hire a UI Designer
Score: 1
  • dg
  • Posted: Dec 16, 2010
  • Score: 1
Posted by twangus:
By the way, I just created a new style that I think has been coming along quite nicely, despite having been working on it only a few days. I'm also of the thinking that Toodledo needs a ground-up UI overhaul, and I tried to make bigger changes with this style than I've seen in most of the other ones. Please check it out and let me know what you think!

http://userstyles.org/styles/40980

+1 for making this the standard Toodledo UI
dg

Posted Dec 16, 2010 in: [UserStyles] Toodledo Focus
  • dg
  • Posted: Dec 16, 2010
+1 on making this the standard Toodledo interface

The Toodledo team hasn't made any significant UI changes in the 2 years I've used it. Yet, scripts like this indicate changes are not that hard to make.

Soooo.....
dg

• dg
  • Posted: Aug 21, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
You must have a lot of tasks. Toodledo is currently unable to process a file larger than 1MB when importing, but we have plans to improve this in the future. Sorry. For now, you'll have to do the split thing.

The CSV file created when I export all my Toodledo tasks is 411 kb. I have around 170 tasks in Toodledo.

The unusual thing is the inconsistency...that Toodledo creates a file it can't read.
--
dg
dg

• dg
  • Posted: Aug 19, 2010
I imported some tasks from Outlook using the Toodledo CSV import tool. I had issues with an error that kept occurring saying Toodledo ran out of memory and would I please try splitting the file and re-importing. I did several split/split-further/split-yet-further-again cycles that were frustrating, but eventually got all the tasks imported.

I worked with the tasks for a couple days and, wanting to have some sort of backup for all my hard work, thought I'd export the current un-completed tasks as a CSV file that I should be able to use to recover if I blunder in my task management work (read: royally screw things up) -- which happens from time to time. In fact recently I deleted some recurring tasks using search/multi-edit that I quickly regretted.

Getting to the point....I then set up a dummy Toodledo account to test the backup I'd just made, but Toodledo refused to import the CSV file saying it had run out of memory! Now I suspect based on my previous work that I could split/re-split/re-re-split the CSV file until it imports successfully, but -- hey, wait a minute -- why can't Toodledo import the data that it just exported? What's up with that?

Feature Request - that Toodledo CSV import tool can import any output file created by the Toodledo CSV export tool.

Thx!
--
dg
dg

• dg
  • Posted: Aug 12, 2010
+1 for ability to add folders & context's when modifying an existing task
dg

• dg
  • Posted: Jul 29, 2010
+1 for filters in Slim interface
dg

Posted Jul 22, 2010 in: tags for projects
  • dg
  • Posted: Jul 22, 2010
I tried using tags and had issues described here...

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/5333/0/view-by-tag-not-working-as-well-as-slimtags.html

Since you can't sort the way the tags tabs are organized, plus the non-standard way Toodledo lists tags with multiple tags on the tags summary screen...I find tags tantalizing, but ultimately very unsatisfying.
dg

Posted Jul 22, 2010 in: Update button?
  • dg
  • Posted: Jul 22, 2010
Posted by Salgud:
Thanks for the reply.

A key is better than nothing, but I would prefer an update button in the GUI.

There's a Toodledo shortcut key - r - that will refresh/update the screen.
dg

• dg
  • Posted: May 26, 2010
+1 on the shortcut for "next tab" and "previous tab"
dg

Posted May 24, 2010 in: Seriously, How About That Design?
  • dg
  • Posted: May 24, 2010
A UI feature that would be helpful would be the option of listing folders vertically down the right or left side of the page.

It can't be that hard to do as there are several 3rd party scripts that do this (see http://userscripts.org/scripts/search?q=toodledo ).

If it were available in the nominal Toodledo setup (without 3rd party scripts)...it would fundamentally change the way I use toodledo. Right now I use only a few folders and many subtasks to avoid the problem of not being able to see all my folders across the top row.
dg

Posted May 24, 2010 in: Context vs. Folders
  • dg
FYI...be sure when you recommend using tags that you first check how tags are implemented in toodledo - http://www.toodledo.com/views/tag.php . I find toodledo's implementation unusable.

For tags to be used, they should be implemented the way virtually every other web applications implements them (see, for example, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tag_(metadata) or http://delicious.com/tag or...I could go on). That is, tasks could have multiple tags and the Tags page display them such that each divider was a single tag.

Try using multiple tags on a task and you'll see what I mean.
dg

Posted May 24, 2010 in: What we have been doing recently
  • dg
Thx for the hard work! Seamless transition for me.

BTW, I'm one of those that would pay more if that enabled some of the features I'd requested. I've researched a lot of online solutions for my GTD needs and haven't found price to be a discrimantor yet...it's the features I need (want?) that make the difference for me.
dg

Posted May 08, 2010 in: Good Bye from Proximo
  • dg
  • Posted: May 08, 2010
+1 on the issue of Projects needing to be fixed
dg

• dg
  • Posted: Apr 11, 2010
I hate to keep at this, but one final request related to tags, I would like it if Quick Search also searched the tag field in addition to the Subject field.

Last request....I promise!
Skip to Page:  1   2   3      Next