ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Mario-2012"
Mario-2012

Posted Dec 20, 2023 in: Delay in recreation of repeated tasks
Score: 0
For some days, it seems to take an enormous amount of time to recreate a task with a repetition definition - I'm talking of up to about 30 minutes (!).

I think this was always instantaneous in the past.

I can immediately see the checked task in "Recently Completed", but the new instance is not shown for a long long time which always let's me ask myself whether Toodledo is still working flawlessly and reliable, or if I'm in danger of losing such a task.
Mario-2012

Score: 3
I've been using Toodledo since 2012, and I use it to record any tasks that I don't want to forget.
Although such usage does not really come as a surprise for a tool like Toodledo, it still gives me some very comfortable reassurance that "things" are monitored.

It made my life easier no longer bothering to remember anything like nice-to-have or important things, short-term or long-term tasks, things like ...

... regular maintenance tasks in the house
... notice periods of contracts (energy, streaming, ...)
... keeping reminders for birthday congratulations until I really congratulated belated
... expiration dates of important ID cards
... have a reminder for next vaccination dates
... expiration dates of the first-aid kit in the car
... etc. etc.

To enable efficient sharing, everything is arranged around folders for topics like "contracts". Each folder has one dummy task that is shared with my wife's Toodledo account, and we actually only use subtasks because these are automatically shared this way, without the need to think of establishing sharing once a new task is created.

So together with ...

... mighty and highly flexible repetitions (repeat from due/completion date),
... start and due date
... an export capability,
... a well-arranged, efficient, quick Web GUI (lots of content shown in parallel, not wasting screen space, very few mouse clicks to interact)
... and API access (for my own or 3rd party applications)

Toodledo is still EXACTLY what I need and it's EXACTLY how I like it. No other service that I ever looked at when Toodledo's future seemed unsafe ticked all those boxes (simple as they should be).

So for me, it's still just perfect.
Mario-2012

Posted Oct 24, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 5
We currently collaborate with two silver accounts in my family, and Toodledo was the best tool I found on the market back in 2013 (recurrence, sharing, subtasks, 3rd party applications, API, Browser-Interface). I was satisfied, pricing was reasonable and I didn't look for alternatives since then.

Nevertheless, 55% increase for silver (assuming new "standard" plan) cannot be considered a moderate increase, especially if seen in conjunction with the feature decrease (history, scheduler, number of collaborators, ...)
Honestly, not all of the removed/downgraded features really matter to me, except for history, number of collaborators.
Apart from the 55% increase, this downgrading still feels like another ~15% "increase" ...
And I guess the referral program https://www.toodledo.com/referal.php also will not make it into 2019.

It seems like non-business users don't matter any longer and in my personal view, this feels like a lack of respect.

Unfortunately this also happened in the past to other services (Crashplan, Secunia PSI, ...).
At least we are (not yet) squeezed out, but the new pricing structure is getting closer to this.

Currently Aaron & Co are pushing too hard. Surely purchase price and investment in business features need to be refinanced.

Given the communicated pricing plans, I might take one more disgruntled renewal, but I feel the need to start looking again for 2019's alternatives
to Toodledo, which really is a pity. Might also happen that I identify an alternative before renewal is needed.

Aaron, I'd like to stay with Toodledo, but I need an offer that I cannot decline.
Reduce the increase a second time, and make a better offer concerning the feature decrease
(Standard compared to Silver: 1 yr history, enough collaborators for small families).
Mario-2012

Posted Jul 10, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 1
Toodle has made my life a lot easier - big thanks to Jake!

To the new owners, I can only repeat what others wrote: It's not broken, so please don't fix it!
And please don't go the way others were following in the past: Don't squeeze out private users in favor of
enterprise users (e.g. Secunia PSI, Crashplan Backup). Still willing to continue to pay my silver subscriptions,
but no enterprise fees.

I only need tasks
I need to share tasks with my family (cloud, collaboration, silver subscription for everyone in the family)
I need recurring tasks with their flexible definitions
I need a cloud service with a price suitable for private use
I like to access the service via an API as well
Although I check the tasks on my Android Smartphone, I'm still a desktop GUI and like to enter new tasks via WebBrowser

I currently don't need habits, oultines, notes, lists.
Mario-2012

Score: 0
Hmmm, experienced the same problem upon my first tries with Toodledo-API V3 and OAuth2.

Seems the redirect URL in the request must exactly match the registered URL.
If a desktop application chooses a free port for receiving the redirect, it's naturally difficult to name that port
upon registration.
On the other hand, it's difficult to ensure a specific port is always free.

For Google's own APIs, it's not needed to register the redirect URL that way.

Technically, I'm using Google's Java oauth-Client (com.google.api.client.auth.oauth2.AuthorizationCodeFlow)
which by defaults generates redirect URL's like http://localhost:51202/Callback with an undetermined port.

(Yes, I can make this port a fixed one, and if that URL matches the registered one, everything is fine with Toodledo.
But maybe it would be good to be able to use something like http://localhost:*/Callback ...?)