ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
RMTrinity

Posted Nov 03, 2021 in: "Sync connectivity failed" notification
Score: 0
I get the above notification maybe once or twice a day. There's no pattern to it I can discern. Sometimes it's when I'm away from home not on a wifi system; sometimes it while I'm right at my desk connected to our household wifi. It's kind of annoying. I can't find a way to turn it off without turning off all Toodledo notifications which I really don't want to do.

I found this discussed in a closed topic from a year ago, but there was no answer to it in the thread, and now it's locked. Any ideas, folks?

My phone is a Samsung Note 8 running Android 9.
RMTrinity

Never mind. I figured out that since I had not created a "Goal," all I was seeing is either the "All Tasks" button or the "No Goal" button... which is all my tasks.

Sorry. Couldn't figure out how to delete the forum question.
RMTrinity

Just started looking at the Goal feature in ToodleDo, and when I clicked on it, every Task I have is there. I don't see how that is going to help me look at more overarching plans for the short-term and the long-term. Do I need to create a filter or something? A task like, "Call your mother back," really is just a reminder, not a goal.

This message was edited Apr 27, 2019.
RMTrinity

I love how in Gmail you can rotate through colors of the star (one click = gold; two clicks = blue; three clicks = green, etc.) I use the regular to-do list as the catch-all bank of things to be done, but then I star and filter those I will tackle today. Sometimes, though, the unexpected happens, and I need to focus on just the three or four tasks that must be done before I go home. Being able to cycle through colors of stars just by clicking to mark a few items as critical would sure make this quick and easy.

What I do now is remove the star, leaving only a few tasks to focus on, or I set a defined task due time for a few tasks, which moves them to the top of my list in my sorting filter. All this works, but takes more time and doesn't make the task pop visually.

Another option would be to be able to highlight tasks. I'm not sure how that would be done in the application, but it's an alternative that would accomplish the same thing.
RMTrinity

Posted Aug 03, 2018 in: My Due Date/Real due date
Score: 1
My work around for this is to put the actual due date in the title of the task. For example, I will want a task done by Friday, and so that is my due date for the task, but at the end of the name of the task I will include the actual due date in parentheses to remind me.
RMTrinity

Posted Aug 03, 2018 in: Notes
I've dealt with this problem often too. I wish that toodledo would automatically save notes as I type just as Google does when you add notes on contacts or update an email. I guess we have been spoiled by the automatic saving we have with so many other programs, but I do wish toodledo would add this feature instead of requiring that we click a physical save button.
RMTrinity

When I need to do that, what I do is create a task for the first date, and then clone it as many times as necessary for the other dates. Then I just go down the line and add in the new dates for each of the other tasks. Does that help? It's not a one-step way of doing it, but it's pretty quick.
RMTrinity

One of the features that is available on the web version of Toodledo is after you make a specific task search, it totals up the time required to do these tasks at the bottom. While we can do the same search in the mobile app, the time required to complete the tasks is not displayed.

I use this feature on a daily basis. I filter the tasks I plan to do for a day, but then I look at the total at the bottom. Often, looking at my calendar, I find that I want to complete 10 hours of tasks, but really only have about 6 hours to do them. So, I go back in and delete until that total gets within 6 hours. It's a great time management strategy. You don't end up frustrated at the end of the day that you didn't get a lot of things on your list done. Even if my calendar says I have 8 hours of work, I make it a point to subtract out about an hour for human interaction and interruptions. It's a much more humane way to organize your day.

I use it at home too. You get home, and you'd like to think that you can get 3 or 4 hours of work done cleaning house, etc., but if you're realistic, you probably only have an hour and a half of productive energy left. By being able to search my tasks and see the total time required to complete them at the bottom, I can be more realistic about what I really need to do before settling down to go to bed.

Of course to use this feature, you have to be realistic about the time it's going to take to complete each task, and that's great exercise in and of itself. Once you get into the habit of entering the time, it becomes second nature. I have each task default to 10 minutes, but often I will block out time for longer tasks.

Please consider adding this tweak to the mobile app. Being able to see the total time required is a great way to stay on task and be realistic about what you can really do as a limited human being.
RMTrinity

I'd like to suggest being able to have task be recurring, but have them role over into the next day. I have a whole list of daily things such as "Exercise," "Diet," "Write," etc. that occur daily, but sometimes I forget to check them off. I'd rather have them just roll over and have their due date become whatever the current day is.
RMTrinity

Posted Dec 22, 2015 in: Introducing Smart Quick Add
Wow! Toodledo just got even better for me. I haven't found I have to go in any particular order: Even if the drop down menu suggests folders, I can start typing the date (Thursday), and it will pick up on it and give me that as an option. This is so much faster and easier, especially since I don't use all the fields every time.
RMTrinity

Posted Oct 27, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
Score: 1
Geez, you're getting a million suggestions for the next incarnation of Toodledo. I'm just so happy to have your app on my Android phone now rather than a 3rd Party app — so much cleaner and easy!

Like everyone, I have three suggestions for changes (yeah, like you need more):

• Ability to create "rolling" due dates on tasks. What I mean by this is I would like to be able to designate tasks to automatically become due the following day if I don't complete them by midnight, e.g., some of my daily tasks are "Exercise for 30 minutes," "Morning Prayer," "Work on your blog" — If I don't do them in a day, I'd just like them to become due the following day. I have a folder called "Daily Tasks," and every morning I have to go in and switch some to the next day either because they weren't done or I forgot to check them off. It'd be nice to be able to automate this. Which leads to my next suggestion...

• Ability to do batch changes. Sometimes I want to move a whole set of tasks to a new due date. It'd be nice to be able to change them all at once.

• Color completion bar for tasks — Hey, I want credit when I have a task in process and a way to remind myself not to start up something else and forget I have something going. Here's a silly e.g., "Do laundry" — it takes forever, and a bar that shows I'm 75% done and changes from red to yellow to green would be cool. Seriously, it would also be great at work for those tasks that take more than a few days to complete. I'd be able, at a glance to see how far I've gotten.