Search results for "Posted by Gerry"
Gerry

Posted Mar 10, 2009 in: Completed as Status
Score: 0
  • Gerry
  • Posted: Mar 10, 2009
  • Score: 0
Claudio,

My apologies. I should have said "according to Claudio's e-mail..." and given the source for the quote.

Gerry.
Gerry

Posted Mar 10, 2009 in: Another browser may be helpful
  • Gerry
I have installed Opera as an additional browser to my mainstay, Firefox.

I only use Opera to access my Toodledo page - and for nothing else.

It doesn't get cluttered up nor burried in tabs. And, I haven't added any add-ons, etc. that tend to slow a bowser down.

Toodledo is always available and Opera uses very few resources.

Just a thought. :-)
Gerry

Posted Mar 10, 2009 in: Completed as Status
  • Gerry
I have to agree with 'michaelc1210' that we need a "Done" status in the deferred group.

I work with other folks on projects; they're independent contractors and have their own GTD methods and software.

I'ld like a way of marking a project as having a 'Done' status w/o placing a checkmark on it so that I can continue to track the active project w/o having to use subtasks (which are not yet very elegantly implemented in Toodledo).

I'm basically wanting to relegate these tasks into a status category that doesn't require much of my attention but is still avalable to me (along with all of the notes and info.) as I travel.

Perhaps instead of 'Done' you could add soemthing like 'fulfilled', 'completed' or 'executed' or some other descriptive sdjective?

According to Claudio (1-30-09): "One important thing to note is that status is divided into two groups. The active group and the deferred group. The deferred group includes tasks with a status of delegated, waiting, hold, postponed, someday, canceled or reference. Tasks that are deferred can be hidden by using the deferred filter."

Yet, what I'm seeing is that, while there are 7 categories in the deferred group (and only 4 in the active group) and it seems they aren't quite enough for your users.

Thanks.
Gerry

Posted Feb 20, 2009 in: Subtasks & Tasks
  • Gerry
  • Posted: Feb 20, 2009
#1: I want to reinforce "rainbow.lentil's" post of 11-17-2008. Your subtask creation method is convoluted. Please fix this by (perhaps) allowing a link from within a task for the creation of a subtask.

#2: I want to also reinforce "Proximo's" post of 2-5-2009 - especially regarding:
- the use of a different icon (to indicate "Project") when subtasks exist;
- that your methodology can cause your clients to miss and important subtask; and
- that "Flattened" view is useless (for the cited reasons).

#3: I want to reinforce "Viktor's" post of 02-13-2009 - especially regarding the color coding of master tasks.

#4: I want to be able to copy and paste Tasks and subtasks (I have recurring "standard" Tasks and subtasks for many different clients). It would be great if I could have a "stable" of Task and Subtask templates that I could pick from.

#5: Have you considered allowing your clients (on the Pro side, of course) the ability to rename fields by giving each client his (or her) own naming table?

#6: Lastly, have you considered adding a step or two to your "Post New Topic" process that would allow a poster to review the post, make any needed corrections and then do a final posting?

Whew. Sorry to be so long.

I hope you find the above items of potentially broad enough in appeal that you include them in your next update. Right now, it seems a lot of folks are doing "work arounds" that these updates might fix. Thanks.