ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Deborah Pickett"
Deborah Pickett

Posted Apr 05, 2009 in: Repeat yearly by weekday
Score: 0
Posted by scott.kanowitz:
Is there anyway to make a task repeat yearly by weekday of the month.

I'd like to register my vote for this. I was hoping to put in a reminder on the days that the US enters and leaves daylight saving time, to remind me to log in to Toodledo.com and correct my local time. Looks like I can't do that yet.

An implementation hint: Palm's todos would do these kinds of annual-by-weekday repeats as "The First Sunday of every 12th month". This is handy because I can change "12th" to other intervals and get events that repeat quarterly (3), biannually (6), biennially (24), and so on. Toodledo, when you do this, please consider doing the same.
Deborah Pickett

Posted Mar 12, 2009 in: Time 1 hour wrong
Posted by Toodledo:
I guess we'll have to research when all the different countries in the world do their DST and have Toodledo automatically compensate.

When you do this, I beg you to consider using the Olson timezone database (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoneinfo).

That database already knows the DST rules for almost all areas in the world, it's updated several times a year, and - this is the bit that roll-your-own DST rules never get right - it reflects historical DST rule changes, like the one that the US had in 2007. I figure that this latter point would be important to Toodledo where people want their To-do history to be maintained.

Best of all, it's public domain, so there's no ongoing maintenance cost once you have set it up.

we'll put it on our to-do list.

Thanks, I appreciate it.
Deborah Pickett

Posted Mar 11, 2009 in: Time 1 hour wrong
Posted by Toodledo:
Yes, you will need to update your time settings within your account settings whenever your time is adjusted forward or backwards an hour due to whatever plan your government has in place.

This week I *also* had to correct it because it was automatically changed by Toodledo due to the plan that Toodledo's government has in place. Is this expected behaviour?

If so, I will have to change my time zone on toodledo.com *four times* a year:
- Once in March when the US goes on DST.
- Once in April when Australia goes off DST.
- Once in October when Australia goes on DST.
- Once in November when the US goes off DST.

Of course, I can always make a repeating to-do item to remind me to log into Toodledo.com. But Toodledo, you should be aware that the current system is twice as inconvenient as you suggest.
Deborah Pickett

Posted Mar 11, 2009 in: iPhone App Updated
Posted by Toodledo:
It's definitely a daylight savings bug. Wait one day and it should be cleared up. Also, please make sure that your timezone is still set correctly on the iPhone and the website.

It occurred to me afterwards that it was probably related to the time zone changing on the Toodledo server. I was getting the bug and I am not even in an area that had a DST change.*

I am not getting the bug any more on items that I create anew.

* That said, I have gone into my Toodledo account settings and noticed that it has advanced my local time by an hour. Is Toodledo assuming that all users have DST changes the same as (most of) the US and Canada? I'm not even in the same hemisphere!
Deborah Pickett

Posted Mar 02, 2009 in: iPhone App Updated
Posted by Toodledo:
* Fixed a bug where the due-date of a task may be moved back by 1 day
after you sync the task to Toodledo, if you live in certain European
or Asian timezones.

This bug has started happening for me. I am using the Toodledo iPhone app 1.4.1. My time zone is UTC+11, and I have set my local time correctly on toodledo.com. (Just double-checking . . . yep, it's 13.15 on my iPhone, 13.15 on my settings page, 13.15 on the wall clock.)

Here's what I am doing:

1. On toodledo.com, add a non-repeating task, due in the future (1 May).
2. Start iPhone Toodledo app. Let it sync.
3. Note due date on iPhone app (30 April).

This also has the same effect:
1. On iPhone Toodledo app, add a non-repeating task, due in the future (1 May).
2. Exit app.
3. Start app. Let it sync.
4. Note due date on app (30 April).