ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by john"
john

Score: 0
  • john
  • Posted: Mar 10, 2019
  • Score: 0
I'm having the same problem. Chrome on Win 7 desktop (two different machines). @Support: Hello? Anybody there?
john

Score: 3
  • john
  • Posted: Dec 20, 2018
  • Score: 3
TLDR: If you're missing tasks on Chrome, try going to Chrome Dev Tools --> Application --> Clear Storage --> Check all boxes and hit "Clear Site Data". On re-logon, you should see the tasks.

This has been really worrying me recently, and I'm so happy I seem to have figured out what's happening - so I thought I'd share it in case anybody else runs into the same problem.

I'm a long-time user of Toodledo - in fact I completely rely on it every day. Recently though, with the introduction of he new UI on the desktop web, I've been experiencing strange behavior where tasks seem to suddenly disappear. This happens most frequently with recurring tasks. Since I rely on Toodle to track all my recurring important tasks for business (like IRS filings, payroll payments, etc.), it was very scary to think Toodledo might be losing tasks.

When the problem has occurred, I've tried refreshing the browser (F5), hard refreshing the browser (Ctrl-F5), and even opening the Chrome Dev Tools (Ctrl-I), and then hard pressing the reload icon to "Empty Cache and Hard Reload". All to no avail.

Even more frustrating, I can see that the missing tasks are still in the Toodledo DB, because I can see them in the two Android devices I have (phone and tablet) which sync up properly and display properly.

Today I knew I had tasks missing on the web version when I started my PC. I could see them on the phone exactly as they should be, but they weren't on the desktop browser. None of the attempts to refresh the browser worked.

So to solve it, I went to Chrome Dev Tools --> Application --> Clear Storage --> Check all boxes and hit "Clear Site Data". Since it deleted my session cookie, it kicked me out and I had to relogon. Lo and behold, all the missing tasks were there, safe and sound.

If I had to guess, something on the local browser's storage was getting corrupted in the sync from the main site, and the code isn't catching it. By flushing all the local storage, everything got back to normal. @Toodledo, please look at this carefully as it's a very scary bug for those of us who rely on Toodledo to keep track of critical things. Thank you!
john

Score: 0
  • john
  • Posted: Dec 13, 2018
  • Score: 0
Hi there. I'm a long time loyal Toodledo user who recently switched from using the Ultimate To Do List app to sync to my toodledo account, and I'm now using the Toodledo Android app v 6.6.8 (164).

On both my devices (Samsung Galaxy 8 - SM-G950U, Android 8.0.0 and Samsung Galxy Tab A 10" - SM-T580, Android 8.1.0), the Toodledo app keeps crashing regularly (multiple times a day). On the tablet, I get Android reports that the app has crashed. On the phone, it causes a soft reboot of the phone.

Wondered if you were aware of this problem, and if so whether an ETA for a fix might be available.

Many thanks,

John