ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Simon"
Simon

Posted Feb 26, 2010 in: Sequential tasks
Score: 0
  • Simon
  • Posted: Feb 26, 2010
  • Score: 0
Hi! I'm not sure if this is possible, but it's an adaptation of the sub-tasks that I know you offer.

I'm a fan of the 'start date' function - it stops me worrying about something I can't do until I can do it.

To achieve the same aim, I'm trying to work out whether I can have sequential tasks. Ideally, I'd like to be able to have a task that won't turn up on my list until previous task(s) has been completed, eg:

1 Research blu-ray players
2 Buy blu-ray player
2 Buy blu-ray discs
3 Set up blu-ray player
4 Organise movie night with John

In this scenario, I'd like to set it up so that the tasks labelled 2 wouldn't appear on my list until I'd completed task 1, etc. Is this possible?

Thanks!
Simon

Posted Jan 12, 2009 in: Can you tag a task with another?
  • Simon
  • Posted: Jan 12, 2009
Wow, you lot have thought of everything, haven't you? :-) Thanks!
Simon

Posted Jan 12, 2009 in: Can you tag a task with another?
  • Simon
  • Posted: Jan 12, 2009
This may be possible with sub-tasks, I'm not sure, but what I'd like to be able to do is to have a task that doesn't become 'active' until a previous task is completed. EG:

Buy a card
Find address
write card
post card

...where each item only appears on my main list once the former is completed.

Is this possible?
Simon

Posted Jan 10, 2009 in: How do GTDers implement a tickler?
  • Simon
  • Posted: Jan 10, 2009
Thanks Jeremy, a wealth of answers - I'm sure one of these will work! Thanks for the help!
Simon

Posted Jan 09, 2009 in: How do GTDers implement a tickler?
  • Simon
  • Posted: Jan 09, 2009
The main thing I like about GTD is that I can stop worrying about things until they matter. I don't want to be reminded every time I start the system that I need to call Paul on Wednesday, but I do want it to appear on Wednesday. Is there a way I can do this within Toodledo?