Search results for "Posted by cbernard"
cbernard

Posted Oct 30, 2019 in: Download Toodledo data
Score: 0
  • cbernard
  • Posted: Oct 30, 2019
  • Score: 0
Hi,

How do I download the data in Toodledo as an offline back up?

Thanks!

cb
cbernard

Posted Jan 09, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
  • cbernard
  • Posted: Jan 09, 2015
Thirded!

I also use my Toodledo tasks to track habits and integration would be useful (although I've set mine up in a way that keeps them "tagged.")

I don't mind the idea of keeping track of habits in a different tab, however many of the habits in my list are tied to longer range goals. Would it be possible to attach the habits in the habits tab to the goals I've defined in my tasks tab?

cb

Posted by J:
Posted by karin.borgerson:
Thank you for the new habits features! This is a big area of focus for me right now, and I'm happy to have some new tools.

One feature that I would love to see: integration with task list. I currently have lots of habits in my to-do list, and I would love it if I could keep them there AND not have to also track them separately in the habits section. The check-box habits seem like they would be easiest to implement if there could be some sort of a "habit" flag on tasks. That way, if I completed the task, it could automatically track in the habits section. (And it would be awesome if by creating a recurring task that I want to be a habit and I set the "habit" flag, it would automatically create a habit to track!)

Thanks again for continuing to provide me with new tools! I've been a devoted user since 2009. Wish list items aren't complaints, just things that would make Toodledo even better!

Seconded. I, too, have many habits as daily tasks (Exercise and Floss to name too that are in your suggested/starters list). Would love to see them in the task list for easy check off, but flagged as Habits for easy tracking/reporting.
cbernard

• cbernard
  • Posted: Dec 17, 2014
Hi!

Going back and forth with Toodledo on this on a support ticket, curious if anyone else is experiencing this bug. My subtasks are missing from To Do lists in the iPad app, but show up fine in the browser.

At first I thought this was only in a saved reach, but I'm having the same isue with a stock view - view is Due Date > Today, sort is Importance, Context, Date.

Anyone else experiencing this??

Tasks that have lots of sub tasks are usually set up in a Projects folder without a start date or due date, then the subtasks are set up with start dates and/or due dates and put into Folders marked Actions or Waiting, depending on what's happening with the sub task. Not sure if there's something in the way my subtasks are set up that's triggering the issue...

CORRECTION - the subtask bug is in saved searches only, I'd forgotten to turn off the hide subtasks setting in the Due Date view, since that's not my usual view.

cb

This message was edited Dec 17, 2014.
cbernard

• cbernard
  • Posted: Dec 13, 2014
Hey Jake - one more thing....subtasks are showin on my iPhone app in the due date, today list...so the only place they are missing is the iPad app. There is also one medium priority task that Ian't showing in the ipad....

But what's really weird is the application badge on both devices is showing 19 tasks. So the badge sees them, but the iPad app doesn't, counting the tasks in the app totals 16.
cbernard

• cbernard
  • Posted: Dec 13, 2014
Thanks Jake - more inconsistent behavior between the iPad mini and my laptop showed up today....looking at the ipad, a task I knew should be on the list for today was missing, so I crossed checked against the browser on the mini and my browser on my laptop and both yielded different results from the Toodledo do app, both for my saved search AND in the due date "today" list....???

Due date, today yields 2 high priority tasks in the app, the browser yields 4. But I just saw the problem!! The app is not seeing sub tasks correctly. 2 of today's tasks are subtasks - they are showing in the browser but not in the app. Kind of a biggie. Support ticket is 53621...sorry about the image uploads, no way to see them clearly on the iPad,and no way to delete them if they are the wrong image. Only pay attention to the due date browser and app images.

Thanks!

cb

This message was edited Dec 13, 2014.
cbernard

• cbernard
  • Posted: Dec 12, 2014
Just curious - given the search I'm using, is there a modification that would exclude completed tasks without resorting to excluding them in the sort drop down? Mostly this list works for me, but it would be helpful to see the actual number of current tasks excluded - right now it shows 760 becaus of all the completed tasks....

I played with the search settings a bit, but I'm new to using them and could figure out a set of parameters that worked, there are so many!!

Thanks!
cbernard

• cbernard
  • Posted: Dec 11, 2014
Hi Jake,

Thanks, that would make sense. I'll let you know if see any other weird behavior along those lines.

cb
cbernard

• cbernard
  • Posted: Dec 11, 2014
Hi Salgud,

Yes, everything was checked and everything was the same....but as I added in my PS, oddly, today, with nothing changed, the "tomorrow" tasks were gone on the iPad mini app. So I'll just keep an eye on it I guess....

cb
cbernard

• cbernard
  • Posted: Dec 10, 2014
After years of using Toodledo, I'm trying to get deeper into the program and yield a more effective To Do list for myself.

In searching I came across "A Better Hotlist" which seemed to fit some of my needs - http://www.bachyaproductions.com/better-hotlist-update/

As a test I copied the search exactly and did some reorganizing according to the suggestions on the website, and it's close to what I'll need, except the same saved search is yielding different results on different platforms! My desktop looks good and is yielding the results I'd expect, but on my ipad mini running the current os and Toodledo app, I'm getting all of the tasks due the next day in addition to my expected results.

Both are set up to hide completed tasks, neg priority, future tasks and deferred status. Both are sorted by priority, context and due date.

Is there another setting somewhere that would cause the iPad mini to show the tasks for the next day using the above referenced search?

Thanks!

cb

Added 12/11 - when I opened the search on my iPad this morning, tomorrow's tasks were no longer included in the search....odd.

This message was edited Dec 11, 2014.
cbernard

Posted Dec 10, 2014 in: Not understanding how start dates work?
  • cbernard
  • Posted: Dec 10, 2014
Hi All,

Thanks for the replies, I think Jake nailed it. I was assuming that the "Today" view would show tasks with start dates in past and due dates in the future as long as I had "Show Future Tasks" selected. I have set up the saved search as suggested and it's possible that the best use is a combination of better organized lists rather than relying on one view as I've always done.

Because so much of what I do is deadline based (grants etc) Due date seemed like the obvious default choice. I've used Toodledo for years and years but have only taken time to understand it at the most basic level. I only tried to delve into some of the more nuanced uses over the weekend when I realized I might be better served by reassessing how I've used Toodledo.

That's when I ran into the start date wall - it seemed that I should be able to see the work period prior to a deadline in my list (instead of setting the due date early, then changing it everyday to reflect an ongoing task). It's possible that exploring the functionality of the other lists (like the hotlist) will help me produce the list I'm looking for.....

Thanks again for your help!

Cb
cbernard

Posted Dec 07, 2014 in: Not understanding how start dates work?
  • cbernard
  • Posted: Dec 07, 2014
Thanks for that - the behavior I'm trying to get to work is in the Toodledo FAQ, so I'm assuming there must be a way to trigger it...otherwise why have the button at all?

"You can use the start date field to specify when a project or event begins. This is useful if you have a task that cannot be completed ahead of time, and that you don't want to be reminded about until the specified start date has arrived. Any task with a start date more than 1 day in the future will be hidden from your list until the date arrives. You can always reveal these hidden tasks by turning off the "Hide Future Tasks" filter under the "Show" button in the toolbar above your list. The start date will move forward along with the due date when a task repeats."

At the moment, tasks with start dates do not follow this behavior.....am I missing something?
cbernard

Posted Dec 06, 2014 in: Not understanding how start dates work?
  • cbernard
  • Posted: Dec 06, 2014
Hi,

Can you check if the assumption that I'm making about how the start date works is correct?

I've been trying to use start dates to hide tasks until I am ready to begin working on them. For instance, I keep track of several residency applications that have due dates throughout the year. Usually, I start work on those applications a few weeks before they are due.

So for example....Residency Paradise is due January 31. I set the "start date" at January 10 and a "due by" date of January 31 and sometimes if I want to be really sure I don't miss it, I also set an alarm seven days out from the due date.

My default view is "today" tasks sorted by priority.

As long as I have "show future tasks" selected in the sort menu shouldn't this task start to appear my list beginning January 10? That doesn't seem to be happening and I'm not sure how to get tasks to begin to show up on the start date.....or am I misunderstanding how this is supposed to work?

Thanks for your help!

cb
cbernard

Posted Jul 23, 2009 in: color coding
Score: 3
  • cbernard
  • Posted: Jul 23, 2009
  • Score: 3
I'm not new to Toodledo, but I'm a new PAID Toodledo user. It's good to see others looking for the same color coding function as I am....

All it would take is a box in the "Add task" interface that allows you to choose the color of the text or of the background....

Or a box that allows you to apply a color to contexts and/or to folders.

Some visual way to distinguish one task from another is essential and sadly missing...

Is adding it a possibility?