ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by karl.berry"
karl.berry

Posted Aug 24, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 3
As a lapsed subscriber, it wasn’t the cost that put me off, but that the single additional function that I wanted – subtasks – did not function the way I wanted. I wonder if the developers underestimate the importance of this to a lot of users, as I think it’s key to an effective task management system. I do, however, appreciate that Toodledo doesn’t pretend to be a project management system that would accommodate infinite layers of subtasks and critical pathways, etc.

Some changes I would like to see are:
(1) A greater number (not infinite) of subtask levels
(2) The ability to show them in a list by date or priority order (with an indicator of what parent task it belongs to), mixed with tasks and subtasks from other parent tasks, so that when I’m working on getting tasks done, rather than organising them, I can focus on what needs to be prioritised now.
(3) Flexibility over whether completing all subtasks will automatically mark the parent task as complete.
karl.berry

Posted Oct 02, 2015 in: Viewing parent task in searches
Score: 0
Thanks for the suggestion - I hadn't been aware of this.

I think that the only improvement i would like design wise would, in Toodledo terms, be classed as “Subtasks styled with parent task”. I might suggest it to Toodledo.

Many thanks again for taking time out to help.

This message was edited Oct 02, 2015.
karl.berry

Posted Oct 01, 2015 in: Viewing parent task in searches
Hi and thanks for responding. It is set to indented and that shows fine when I'm viewing all tasks. However, in saved searches, because the parent task doesn't fall within the search criteria I've set, “Due in 7-days or top-priority”, it doesn't appear.
karl.berry

Posted Oct 01, 2015 in: Viewing parent task in searches
I have a saved search, “Due in 7-days or top-priority”. Some of the tasks that appear under this search are subtasks and don’t make sense without the context of the parent task. However, clicking the icon then replaces the subtask with the parent task only and then I have to work from that position.

Some task managers I’ve used before have the facility to view a subtask with the parent task prefixed on the same line, for example: “Plan conference > Organise food”. Is that possible in Toodledo?

With many thanks for any help you can offer.