ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by castiron"
castiron

Score: 0
  • castiron
  • Posted: Aug 06, 2018
  • Score: 0
Also getting regular "Error Syncing Tasks", "Network Error Syncing Contexts", and "Error Signing In" errors on the desktop.
castiron

Posted Jul 08, 2018 in: Future Plans
  • castiron
  • Posted: Jul 08, 2018
Jake, thanks for all your work on Toodledo over the years! I wish you the best in whatever you pursue next.

Sam, Ramon, & Anant, I've been a Toodledo subscriber for nine years. It's not because of the extra features available to subscribers; I don't use most of them and could do everything that's important to me on Toodledo via the free version. I subscribe because Toodledo does the things I need -- a to-do list and notes that are available on the web and offline on my iOS device, with tagging, flexible task repeats, and capability for useful searches -- and does them so well that I'm willing to support the company to keep Toodledo running. As long as you keep providing those basics well, I'll be sticking around.

The only thing on my wishlist is for the iOS version of Toodledo to show today's tasks (or a task subset of the user's choice) in the iOS widget section, rather than the oldest tasks on the entire tasklist.
castiron

Posted Mar 18, 2016 in: Preview of New Notes Section
  • castiron
  • Posted: Mar 18, 2016
I like the new layout, and I definitely like the increased ease of editing.

One unexpected behavior: When I try to switch from the new view of Notes back to Tasks, it's opening a new tab instead of switching back to Tasks in the initial tab. So my pinned tab for Toodledo that I usually keep set on Tasks is now stuck on Notes. (OSX, Firefox 44.0.2.)
castiron

• castiron
  • Posted: Dec 05, 2012
I can live with the new interface for now but am not crazy about the colors; I'm looking forward to being able to make custom themes, though.

I see the reasoning for displaying "overdue" -- someone might be sorting by a criterion other than due date -- but it's still not very useful. The original due date, or better yet, "5 days overdue" or "8 wks overdue" would be more useful; I want to know how long I've been putting off that task.

Since I often look at my lists by tag, the extra tap to see all my tags is rather annoying. I'd prefer to default to displaying all, or at least to opt to see more than three (and not just the first three alphabetically -- the ones I visited most recently or look at most often would be preferable).

When I select the Notebook section, will that first screen ultimately have something more relevant than "All Notes"? Say, folders? (Otherwise, seems like one could just go directly to the notebooks without that extra step.)

Overall -- don't hate it, don't consider it an improvement yet either, but am reserving judgement until after a couple more updates.
castiron

Posted Aug 26, 2009 in: Daily Processing
Score: 1
  • castiron
  • Posted: Aug 26, 2009
  • Score: 1
Posted by Alisa:
The problem that I have is often a task ends up taking far longer than the time I have allowed for it and overlap into other "zones." Then my whole day is thrown off track.

There's a couple ways to work with this, depending on the kinds of tasks you're usually having this problem with.

Is it usually tasks that you can stop in the middle of and pick up again later? Then when you reach the end of your scheduled stop, write down where you left off, and schedule the rest for another day.

On the other hand, if it's usually tasks that you _have_ to finish (if "repair the shower faucet" is my task and it takes longer than I expected, I can't easily leave the shower disassembled and the water off until tomorrow!), you may want to put a catch-up time in your daily schedule. That way, if you need some extra time, it's there, but if you stay on track, you can use that time to tackle something small or interruptable.
castiron

• castiron
  • Posted: Jun 11, 2009
Welcome back! I missed Toodledo, but the updates were reassuring.
castiron

Posted May 20, 2009 in: Two More Improvements
  • castiron
  • Posted: May 20, 2009
I don't usually have the delete icon displayed, so when I want to delete a task, I change its name to "delete me"; later, I do a quick search for all tasks called that and delete them all at once.
castiron

Posted Apr 13, 2009 in: wipe notebook and start over?
  • castiron
  • Posted: Apr 13, 2009
Thanks!
castiron

Posted Apr 11, 2009 in: wipe notebook and start over?
  • castiron
  • Posted: Apr 11, 2009
Since it's not yet possible to delete multiple notes in the notebook, is there a way to wipe one's notebook completely and start from scratch?

(Yes, I did discover that my Palm memos had a bazillion bogus entries AFTER I imported them....)
castiron

• castiron
  • Posted: Feb 03, 2009
Thanks!
castiron

• castiron
  • Posted: Feb 01, 2009
Is there a way to change the default so newly created repeating tasks repeat after completion date rather than after due date?

And is it possible to change multiple tasks to repeat by completion date, or can one only do it one at a time?
castiron

Posted Jan 26, 2009 in: Importing repeating tasks from iCal?
  • castiron
  • Posted: Jan 26, 2009
Thanks!
castiron

Posted Jan 26, 2009 in: Importing repeating tasks from iCal?
  • castiron
  • Posted: Jan 26, 2009
When I imported a task list exported in iCal format from another program, my repeating tasks imported but lost their repeat information; they're in Toodledo as one-time tasks. How should my iCal file be formatted to keep the repeat frequency on import?