ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by John.macnamara"
John.macnamara

Posted Jun 24, 2013 in: Editing XML Files
Score: 0
Posted by chr.ver:
I use XML Copy Editor for this purpose (http://xml-copy-editor.sourceforge.net).

Thanks, it seems very good for adding items but as you said it might be overkill for me. I'll keep it in mind for future needs though.
John.macnamara

Posted Jun 20, 2013 in: Editing XML Files
Thanks for the advice Christian. I shall give Notepad++ a go for editing.

I am still hoping to be able to use Excel if it is possible. I can then use VBA code to automate some editing of tasks and for the creation of project templates.
John.macnamara

Posted Jun 19, 2013 in: Editing XML Files
Thank you Christian.
I'll give Notepad-Plus-Plus a try if they say it is not possible to use Excel.
How do you find it for editing tasks?
John.macnamara

Posted Jun 18, 2013 in: Editing XML Files
Hi, I read that it is possible to edit exported XML Toodledo files in Excel, export from Excel back to XML and then import the file back into Toodledo.

I've been trying to do this but Excel 2010 won't let me export the edited (nor the non-edited file for that matter) to XML. It states "Cannot save or export XML data. the XML maps in this workbook are not exportable".

If I delete the first four columns "title" "link" "toodledoversion" and "description" then Excel lets me export to XML but Toodledo does not see any tasks in the XML file when I try to import it.

Is there a way to do this in Excel? If not, what is the easiest way/program to use to edit the Toodledo XML files?

I don't want to edit in CSV as I'll use any subtasks.

Thank you for any advice.