ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by oliver.wiesner"
oliver.wiesner

Score: 0
tl;dr:
When I tick of a recurring task, this event seems to disappear from my Google calendar.
Is there any way I can prevent this?

I have been using DGT GTD for years together with Toodledo now. But since DGT GTD hasn't been updated in years, and the new Toodledo app on the rise, I thought I'd give it a try.
But it seems to me, that when ticking off a recurring task in the DGT GTD app, it handles these differently, because when I tick off a task there, the aapointment for the completed task still stays in the calendar (as it should), but when I tick off the task in the Toodledo - app or the web, it deletes the appointment for that one past task in my calendar.

I know, this is a really minor issue, but it motivates me a lot to also look back at my days in the calendar and have a glance at the things I completed. And the recurring tasks are a part of that.

Anybody have an idea, how I can keep these completed recurring tasks as appointments in my calendar?

Thanks!
oliver.wiesner

Score: 1
I'm also incredibly frustrated with the change of Google Assistant. Adding tasks was SO awesome before.

So I tried a lot and this is the workaround I have found and am using. It's not elegant, but it works for me (for the time being):

1. I set up the Toodledo integration with a Google Calendar.
2. I add this calendar to my Google Account
3. In the Google Assistant settings, I set the Toodledo-Calendar as the default Calendar for new appointments.
4. If I want to create a task with Google Assistant, I know use the command for creating an appointment:
"OK Google, make an appointment tomorrow at 09:30 for half an hour, the name is Do my laundry"
Google now creates the Appointment in the Toodledo - Calendar, which is then synced to a task.
Like half an hour later I will find the task "Do my laundry" in my Toodledo for tomorrow, 09:30-10:00.

This has some disadvantages:
1. You can not create an appointment in your Google Calendar easily
(I mean, you can still do, you just have to change the calendar in an app later, so it gets taken out of the Toodledo sync).
2. I takes a while until you will find the Task in Toodledo, as it has to go through two syncs before it's in Toodledo.
3. You can not add specifics like Folder, Context, Priority, ...

But I hope, this will only be a temporary solution.

What I could not implement, but might be a better solution is, if you add a Google task via Google Assistant and have your task transferred to Toodledo via IFTTT. Anybody been successful with that?
oliver.wiesner

Posted Mar 27, 2020 in: Google Calendar Sync Work for You?
I came across this subject just recently by coincidence and this is awesome! The "Real Google Calendar Sync" is what I had been looking for for ages!

I also had the issue with the block from Google but since yesterday it worked.

Trying it out right now, it looks like just the tasks, that are being changed since I made the connection are being synced. The "older" tasks, which were in Toodledo before, are not (all) being synced.
oliver.wiesner

Posted Sep 20, 2015 in: Sharing Tasks in a specific folder
Hi all, I'm using Toodledo already for years and am very happy. Keep on this way!

Now, I've convinced my wife to use it as well and we want to share some tasks.

My assumption was, that we could specify a folder, and all tasks in this folder can be seen, edited and completed by both. So actually, a quite simple idea.
But it seems we have to switch to the workspaces of the others to be able to see those tasks.

Since we also use Toodledo on our Android devices (we use DGT GTD to sync), the other one can't see the tasks one has created.

As far as I can see right now, the only way would be to edit each specific task and "share" that.

But wouldn't it be cool if that could be assiciated to a folder? Like: "all tasks, which are in the folder XXX are shared with that person".

I have tried to find that feature, but all I found were some pretty similar requests from 2008 / 2009, but not if / how these were implemented.

Is this already possible? If not, is there a workaround except for going over the website?

Thanks.