ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by vinny.odowd"
vinny.odowd

Score: 0
This was resolved in a 2016 release. Thank you!
vinny.odowd

Score: 1
Hi Don.

I have the same issue and have resorted to:

- Only using the Android for reference
- Making all changes on a browser version on my mobile device or from my PC.

This really limits my ability to use the tool effectively as I can't easily update stuff as it happens / on the fly but I am hoping the ToodleDo folks will quickly fix this. This issue was not always there are it seems like it started in September 2015.
vinny.odowd

Sorry folks. I did not mark this as watch and was not able to find it until today!!!

- I just confirmed that it clearly happens on subtasks. The issue does not happen otherwise.
- I could not identify anything else common to the issue (e.g., it could be recurring or not, folder, context, etc., did not matter)
- When a change is made and I exit the task, a pop up indicates a task was created, not saved. When I update an item that is not a subtask, I get the message the task is saved.
- When a duplicate is created, everything is duplicated EXCEPT the fact it is a subtask. The original item IS NOT updated.
- Start or Due Date were clearly the most common issue for me but I just confirmed it happens with any change to the subtask on the mobile app.

I know you folks have to prioritize your workload and I respect that. But I'm a supporter, I love the app so let me know how I can help.

For me, this renders the mobile app close to useless as I manage my items on the fly. Also, correct me if I am wrong, it also now creates a really goofy loop in use logic.
- I can't set Alarms on the web app, I have to use the mobile app.
- If I create it on the mobile app and its a subtask, which I use a lot, the original item will not be updated and a duplicate, non-child will be created.
- I can then use the alarm on the duplicate but it will not be a child unless I go into the web app and link it. I then have to delete the original as it no longer serves a purpose.
- Every time I make a change in the mobile app I need to go through this process.

I have a ticket open and linked it here just so I can find it later - http://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php?view=60177

This message was edited Dec 03, 2015.
vinny.odowd

Hi Boo.

Similar to you, I think, I use an apha-numeric system to prioritize my work load; I do not use Priority at all. To do this I used the Context field and customize the list. This could also be done with the Tags but that allows for multiple assignments which did not work for me.

Toodledo has a lot of flexibility to enable it to be used by a variety of time management techniques. So I think it becomes a matter of working with it some to support your needs.

I hope that helps.

Vinny
vinny.odowd

For about a week now, in the Android app, I will select an item and change the start date from today to something in the future. Rather then the item being updated it is automatically duplicated. This wil happen every single time.

There is no way around this in the Android app. Everything is duplicated. I tried using my tablet's and phone's web browser and this appeared to work for a day and then it started to duplicate items as well.

I have not experienced this issue on my desktop.
vinny.odowd

Posted Sep 04, 2015 in: ToodleDo Mobile App for Android
Hi.

Thanks for the answer. Please note the widget is buggy. I dont have subtasks indented, they weren't showing indented, and all of a sudden today they are indented. And nothing I do changes this. Even reloading widgit.

Not being able to view items correctly and consistantly makes the widget useless as there is no way to prioritive and work off of it.

Vinny
vinny.odowd

Posted Sep 01, 2015 in: ToodleDo Mobile App for Android
Hi.

Just started using your mobile app and it took me a little while to begin to understand some of the sorting / filtering / display combinations. I think I've got it for the app but I can't seem to get it right for the widget. I would like to sort / view based on the following:

Primary Sort: Start Date = Today or older
Secondary Sort: Context = I use the Franklin Covey concept of A1 through .....
Tertiary Sort: Task Name = Alphabetical

I tried several combinations on the widget and the closets was setting it up as:
View By: Due Date
Filter: 30 days
Order By Start Date
Style: Comfortable
Meta: Start Date, Context, None
Display all tasks except Completed

Please provide direction on how to correct this.