Search results for "Posted by reay.ed1"
reay.ed1

Posted Mar 14, 2020 in: TaskAngel
Score: 0
  • reay.ed1
  • Posted: Mar 14, 2020
  • Score: 0
Hello Andrew,

Completed the rabbit holes. I have lots of detail you do not need, unless, of course, you want it. Both systems did not install KB3042058. But differently, one surprized.

Both systems are up to date on Win UP D as of February 2020. MS continues to protect the herd with antimalware updates. Another reason might be that MS Security Essentials is not the same product as MS Defender. And MSE was an additional product as OneNote is. These are my views and aside from the problem, thought worth the mention.

The Acer Aspire 5251 is an x64. The Catalogue had both Win 7 and Win 7 for x64. Both failed with "The update is not applicable to your computer".

The Sony VGN-A190 is an x32. I ran only the (x32) update, Surprize, it failed with "KB3042058 is already installed."

The Sony failure indicates that the cipher update is *not* *the problem* with Win 7 connectivity to the Toodledo web site.
So what is the problem? Is it the IE? Installing an other browser would be a simple fix. However, 15 April and other monsters approach and I don't have time for another rabbit hole.
What was actually done to the gateway or wherever?
The site is hosted. Correct?

No other site I have visited has refused connection. I stated earlier that I have a Win 10 system that gets on Toodledo with IE and Edge. Otherwise I would not be writing this in my office, but maybe at the library. I also mentioned these systems are used daily.

Would it be possible to contact other Win 7 users? I cannot be the only one.

Thank you very much for your help. I'm hoping you have connections with ready information, thus avoiding rabbit holes.

Sincerely, Ed

If you wish to reach me by phone, just write and we can make arrangements. You have my email.
reay.ed1

Posted Mar 12, 2020 in: TaskAngel
  • reay.ed1
  • Posted: Mar 12, 2020
Thank you.

Going to try it now.

Later,
Ed
reay.ed1

Posted Mar 12, 2020 in: TaskAngel
  • reay.ed1
  • Posted: Mar 12, 2020
Hello, Andrew,

Thank you for your help.

The Microsoft link goes to a page "Microsoft security advisory: update to default cipher suite priority order: May 12, 2015". The attempt to download the package on that page results in Server Error 404, File or directory not found. So I went down the rabbit hole, to the download center and back around to the page you referenced.

I have run out of what I know to get the package (Win 7, 64 bit) update for cipher suite. Any advice, person, MS somewhere? Yes, I have a Win 10 system. And my Win 7 systems are in daily use.

As it stands, it appears Win 7 systems cannot access Toodledo. This must involve thousands of Toodledo users. A solution would be welcomed.

Thanks again,

Ed
reay.ed1

• reay.ed1
  • Posted: Mar 07, 2020
Thank you Larry3. I'm on it.
reay.ed1

• reay.ed1
  • Posted: Mar 06, 2020
These systems have been accessing toodledo.com for a long time and now can't get on the site. Both systems errored in the morning of the same day. Toodledo.com works normally with Safari and IE on Win 10. This feels like a server-side change and, indeed, that's what the error text says..

TLSs are checked.

How to get access back for Win 7 IE? Thanks, Ed.

Below is the text on the error page:

This page can’t be displayed
Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings and try connecting to https://www.toodledo.com again. If this error persists, it is possible that this site uses an unsupported protocol or cipher suite such as RC4 (link for the details), which is not considered secure. Please contact your site administrator.

[Supplied link to Change settings]