Search results for "Posted by geekbob"
geekbob

Posted Sep 30, 2015 in: Toodledo for Apple Watch
Score: 0
  • geekbob
  • Posted: Sep 30, 2015
  • Score: 0
Salgud >>
"Ok, so that's one more than before. Not exactly a big hit to Apple, statistically speaking.

People have been predicting falling market share and the demise of Apple for as long as I can remember (I was around when the first Apple computers came out), and today it is the richest company on earth. Predicting their imminent failure puts IDC in the same class as those predicting the end of the world; people who have a 100% failure rate in their predictions. "

Please read my previous post again. I am an apple fan that needs to be open to both sides and not blinded by one. And I wanted to buy Apple stock again so bad after my learning curve to android. But, now I see the open side of things and I think they are both great. I truly hope that Apple doesn't disappear, and in no way do I think that Apple will die as their products are great. Not the forum to discuss this.

The point I'm trying to make is that Apple doesn't have ALL of the market so Toodleso should be serving both especially with all of the new weareable devices being released right now. For Toodledo to completely ignore the Android wearable market is disappointing. And I think a mistake.

TOODLEDO - Please release an Android wearable application that will allow the addition of on-the-go tasks and the receipt of task lists. Thank you for your attention!

This message was edited Sep 30, 2015.
geekbob

Posted Sep 29, 2015 in: Toodledo for Apple Watch
Score: 1
  • geekbob
  • Posted: Sep 29, 2015
  • Score: 1
Recently, IDC released data showing that Apple's (NASDAQ:AAPL) smartwatch will decrease in market share between now and 2019. This year, Apple will command about 58.3% of the smart-wristwear market, with about 13.9 million shipments, according to IDC. But by 2019, that percentage will drop to about 47.4% as the rise of Android-based wearables begins to take off.

I wouldn't call the Android wearables a small portion of the market. I was originally going to buy an Apple watch but had to make an economical change to Android wear due to a job loss. I am very happy with my androidwear device -moto 360- but I'm disappointed that there is no option to add a task from my watch.

I love Toodledo, but will make a change shortly if no support for Android wear is released or third-party solution is available. If anyone knows a third-party solution for adding a Task from a wearable device please post back here. Thank you. Bob